Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

A Very Brady Mailday!



Last night's Super Bowl was without a shadow of the doubt the most amazing performance in any sport that I've ever seen in my lifetime. Just the whole context of it...the player...the team...the game...even today, almost 24 hours removed I still can't put into words what Tom Brady was able to accomplish. You can hate the guy and the team all you want but you gotta respect him and in my opinion it solidified him as the greatest QB of all time (I know people are sick of hearing it, but to me it's 100% true). Anyways, a Tom Brady auto has eluded me since my first go around in collecting. Even before this, Brady autos have always been SUPER expensive. I sold off my Kevin Durant Thunder Game Used Jersey a couple of weeks ago (because I can't stand the guy anymore, but that's a story for another day) so after paying off some bills, I had some extra cash leftover to build up my card collection. One thing I knew I wasn't going to do was blow it on modern day boxes. Those days will be few and far between from now on. Nope, I was going to go strictly the Ebay route and get some nice singles and one thing I zeroed in on was a Tom Brady Autograph. Not just any Brady auto...an on card auto and he must be shown as a Patriot so no sticker autos nor no college autos. It didn't take me too long to find one I absolutely had to have. The auction ended Thursday and I actually won it for $100 less than my max bid as I didn't want to take any chances with it. In what was super perfect timing it came in today. Without further ado...here's my newest addition to my collection

 
What a BEAUTIFUL card. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. Honestly the scan in the auction didn't do this card justice at alllll because it's MUCH nicer in hand. A clean crisp on card auto, a nice slick design, and numbered to 25 copies this was EXACTLY what I was looking for. No doubt about it, this card has just become my #1 card in my collection. Seeing what Brady did last night made that much more excited to get it in. Such a stunner. I've got a ton more goodies that I'll be sharing later in the week, but I had to start with this big gun first!

4 comments:

  1. That is one sweet card. Awesome acquisition. Brady....best ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...so glad I picked this up BEFORE the Super Bowl!!

      Delete
  2. Oh man... that card is awesome! My buddy picked up his Contenders rookie auto earlier in the season and told me the card has skyrocketed. Some guys have all the luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...there's no way I can touch that card even before the season it was too rich for my blood lol

      Delete