Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2018

February Pickups!

I know I know..we're 10 days into March but I haven't had a chance to post my pickups from last month. So let's get to it!



98-99 Topps Stadium Club Triumvirate Luminescent Anfernee Hardaway
 
Talk about a no brainer purchase. This beautiful late 90's insert of Penny only cost me 6 bucks. Ranks up there as one of my favorite Penny inserts in my collection!


2017-18 Panini Prizm Autographs Jayson Tatum (BGS 9)
 
I still don't have an on card auto of Tatum, but I love Prizm and couldn't pass this up. I'll get an on card eventually.

2017-18 Panini Chronicles Gold Standard Dennis Smith Jr. RC AU Parallel (#32/49)
 
I was super bummed Panini decided to discontinue Gold Standard this season as a stand alone product and instead combine it with other brands into one called Chronicles. I think this is a sneaky underrated card as the Gold Standard rookies are hard to find as it is and this is the parallel version of that. Absolutely love the design and hope that next year Panini can bring back Gold Standard as it's own stand alone product.


2016-17 Flawless Jamal Murray Autograph/Patch RC (#12/25)
 
So in January, I added a Murray Immaculate to my collection and last month I decided to upgrade a little bit and go with a Flawless Murray Patch/Auto. Numbered to only 25 copies, these Murray pickups are purely speculative and it'll be interesting to see how good this young Nuggets team can eventually be.

1998-99 UD Game Jerseys Ray Allen
 
The original UD Game Jersey cards from the late 90's are still some of my favorite cards ever made. They will always remind me of a time when these were HOLY GRAIL pulls. Cards you'd never think in a million years you'd own. I don't find them in auction often, but if and when I do, I do my best pick them up. 

99-00 Fleer Brilliants Gold Parallel Anfernee Hardaway (#3/99)
 
I have been wanting this card for a LONG time. This goes back to even my first go around of collecting. I love gold cards and this card has always caught my eye. There's a super rarer 24K Gold version, but even the #99 are hard to find and sell well. I FINALLY was able to pick one up and it has become one of my favorite Penny's in my entire collection.


2001-20 Upper Deck MJ Comeback Commemorative Dual Jerseys (#16/50) (BGS 9.5)
 
Once upon a time, I had a TON of MJ Memorabilia cards. Jerseys, shoe, warm ups, etc. Of course I regrettably sold all those and it seems like to me MJ Memorabilia cards has been really difficult to find in the open market. When I saw this particular card, I knew it had to be mine. It contains not only a piece of game worn Bulls jersey, but of a North Carolina worn jersey as well! Such a great looking MJ card and the 9.5 grade doesn't hurt at all.

2016-17 Flawless Karl Anthony Towns Patch (#14/18)
 
For a guy of his caliber, Towns stuff really isn't too expensive in the least. This letter patch numbered to 18 only cost me about 35 bucks.

2016-17 Flawless Dual Diamond Memorabilia Karl Anthony Towns/Tim Duncan (#5/25)
 
I have a Duncan full game used jersey, but I still couldn't pass up this combo. Big nice patches of Timmy and Towns.

2003-04 Topps Chrome Gold Refractors Kevin Garnett (#87/99)


 
Now you KNOW I'm not going to let a gold refractor of KG get away from me. Love me some gold refractors and this one is such an amazing looking card!

1996-97 Topps Finest Rare Gold Refractor Kevin Garnett
 
This one is EVEN BETTER though. KG didn't have any refractors in 1995-96 so technically this is 2nd year refractor is one of his better ones. I have a Kobe Rookie like this, and this one is such a cool looking card. Very underrated in my opinion.

99-00 Topps Finest Gold Refractors Vince Carter (#40/100)
 
Yup..last but my least another Gold Refractor, this a 2nd year Vince Carter. So happy to add so many gold refractors to my collection!


And that'll do it for last month's pickups! I doubt I'll have any March pickups since I've bought so much wax this month.

4 comments:

  1. All of these are fantastic. 90s parallels and parallels of inserts are always great...love the Towns patch that you can clearly tell it's from the TO in his name...there's literally nothing that's not great here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pickups! Love the mid to late 90's basketball inserts and parallels. This was around the same time I was hoarding all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji...90s stuff will always be my favorite!!

      Delete