Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

This Ol' Box: Part 3






 
Time for the 3rd installment of This Ol' Box. Let's get to it!


1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. RC
 
Well..this first card really needs no introduction. It's one of the most iconic baseball cards ever made. This was a "big" purchase for me at the time, as I was still in high school and mainly just bought cards using my allowance. This was also a time when we still had card shows every once in a while at one of the local hotels. I remember paying $35 for this at a local card show and at a time where I rarely spent more than $5 on a single card (this was before Ebay) it was a pretty big deal. Griffey's always been my favorite baseball player, so there was no way I was going to part with this even when I got out of collecting.

1997 Metal Universe Titanium Ken Griffey Jr. 
 
I don't remember what I exactly traded for it, but it had to be a king's ransom because a friend of mind actually pulled this card and I wanted it sooooooooooo bad. Such a cool looking late 90's die cut insert cards. Inserts actually worth something (outside of the 1 per case inserts that some products have) is something I really miss these days. This is one of my favorite Griffey inserts, which is why I kept it.

1998 Circa Thunder Quick Strike Ken Griffey Jr.
 
Another die cut foil beauty. This card is amazing. I bought it for $5 at a local card show, that much I remember. Again, 90's inserts are just some of the best cards ever made as shown here.

1997 SPX Silver Anfernee Hardaway
 
Seems like the running theme for this installment is Card Show Purchases as this was yet another one that I purchased at a Card Show back in the day. I've stated in the past the first releases was SPX were some of my favorite cards ever made, just because I LOVE holograms. This is the somewhat rarer Silver Parallel of the Penny from the 97 set. I paid 5 bucks if I recall

93-94 Stadium Club Beam Team Anfernee Hardaway
 
Finally an early era Ebay Purchase. Not nearly as popular or as valuable as the 92-93 version, 2nd year Beam Teams are still cool and this is Penny's first Beam Team card. I know I didn't pay much for it, but I was always fond of this card because I love Beam Team cards.

That'll do it for this installment!



1 comment:

  1. If you dug through my collection in the late 90's, you'd probably stumble across very similar cards. Love that 89UD Griffey and that Beam Team Penny.

    ReplyDelete