Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Tiger Woods On Top Of The World Again

Image result for tiger woods masters 2019 
I'm not going to sit here and even pretend I'm a golf fan. I wouldn't even call myself a casual golf fan. It doesn't mean I don't respect the greats who play the game though...and Tiger Woods is without a shadow of a doubt one of those greats. If you follow sports in general, you know the Rise and Fall of Tiger Woods all too well. Destined to be the guy to not only beat Jack Nicklaus' record for most Majors in a career but crush it, Woods personal life crumbled before his eyes. All of it self inflicted, and in turn destroyed his professional golf career, with not only only the personal life, but his body breaking down. Many people felt Tiger Woods would never win another major again..period. He's actually golfed well the past year, coming super close to winning a couple Majors, but it was still eluding him....until today. I actually watched the last few holes, which is something I never do. His tee shot on hole 16 was just...amazing. Like I said, I'm NOT a golf follower at ALL and I don't know how the game works much, but I know that shot was beauty and it was just amazing to see "Old Tiger" come out after everything that has happened to him the past decade or so since he last won a Major. Tiger is a transcendent athlete and it's one of the main reasons I have this in my collection


 
I've had this in my collection for years. The way Tiger was dominating golf at the time made me really want to add something of his to the collection. This UDA display piece features an auto (though Sticker, so I miiiiight be looking to add an on card auto of his down the road) and a ball used during one of Tiger's Practice Range Sessions. It's truly a unique piece in my collection that's so Big 3 Sports heavy...but that's the power of Tiger. He makes fans of those who don't even follow the sport. It's definitely one of the best feel good sports comeback stories I've seen in a good long while. Congrats Tiger, well deserved!

2 comments:

  1. Tiger's signatures are no longer within my budget. Wish I would have picked one up a few years ago when I had the opportunity. I might end up selling my 1996 SI for Kids sheet though. One is approaching $400 on eBay right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Yeah maybe sell it and pick it back up when they hype dies back down!

      Delete