Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

My Favorite 150 Items in My Collection-#121 1992 Starting Lineup Team USA Basketball Set

Why I Like It: It's one of the most iconic sets made by Kenner. The funny thing is, these were horrible sellers when they initially came out and were blown out on clearance shelves at pretty much every retailer that carried them. After SLU's started gaining steam though, so did this. And why wouldn't it? It's a great collector's piece of the greatest team ever assembled in basketball history. I waited until the crash to get this and it's actually in pretty terrible shape. That's the main reason I don't have it ranked higher.

2 comments:

  1. This set it awesome! If I were ranking my SLU collection, I'd probably have my set in the top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah definitely, I wish mine was in better shape..mine's pretty beat up. Maybe one day I'll upgrade it

    ReplyDelete