Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Topps Now Mailday: Chicago Cubs Postseason Set Autograph Edition

So my Chicago Cubs Topps Now Set came in today and it's just like the other sets I bought. A full team set, a bonus card (since the Cubs won the Divisional Round) and an autograph. Here's the team set






So onto the autograph. Now here's the kicker..Cubs autograph sets were released weeks ago already so I've seen tons of Javier Baez and Ian Happ autos out on the market. The 3rd guy on the checklist? Kris Bryant. One would assume that maybe Bryant hadn't signed his cards and that's why they only released two of the subjects so when I FINALLY got confirmation my set was sent out and thought for sure I was getting a KB. Imagine my disappointment when I see this


Not only was it NOT Kris Bryant, but the easiest card to find, the numbered to 99 version. The reason I'm so outraged and mad is that there is ZERO excuse that Topps shouldn't have sent me my set weeks ago when the rest of the Baez sets were sent out. You are not telling me he only signed a few sets and then signed a few more weeks later. A very crap move on Topps part for giving us collectors false hope into thinking we got a Kris Bryant auto. This definitely left a sour taste in my mouth and I doubt I'll ever buy Topps Now sets with Random autos again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment