Pages

Friday, May 25, 2018

Box Breaks: 3 Hanger Boxes of 2017-18 Threads Basketball

 
This is the first break since that EPIC weekend I had earlier this month. Nothing mind blowing here though. Just a quick retail break of 2017-18 Panini Threads Basketball. Threads format is unique as it's basically just one 3 card pack and an oversized memorabilia box topper per box for 20 bucks. I got mine off Ebay for $18 a piece so I saved a little money. Not expecting much, but this product intrigued me enough to give it a whirl. Here's what I got


Base Cards Bradley Beal
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Donovan Mitchell RC
Dennis Smith Jr. RC
Bam Adebayo RC

Dazzle
Martin Gortat (#175/199)
Tobias Harris (#126/199)


Red Dazzle

Guerschon Yabusele (#39/99)

Box Topper Memorabilia
Jameer Nelson
Ricky Rubio
Zach LaVine

Overall Thoughts: Meh..pretty bad for the price. The good news is I did pull 2 really good rookies out of the 3 card packs (including Donovan Mitchell). The bad news, everything else was bad. The Memorabilia cards are an awesome concept..they are HUGE (5x7)..but the player checklist is littered with weak players. Jameer Nelson?! Really? In 2018? LaVine was my best hit but that's not saying much. You would THINK that maybe the base rookies would help some semblance of value since they are kind of tough to hit (I mean you get one rookie card in one $20 box basically) but the Mitchell looks like a $5-$6 card tops. I had low expectations for this and it basically is what I thought it would be. Pics of the cards

 
 
 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018

#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Lonzo Ball (#13/15)
#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)
#3 2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph Jeren Kendall (#2/5)
#4 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Josh Hart (#3/15)
#5 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive OG Anunoby Redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment