Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Box Breaks: 4 Boxes of 2017-18 FOTL National Treasures Basketball...UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE!!!!

 
To say there was a TON of pressure for this break to deliver would be THE understatement of the CENTURY. Bowman more than delivered the goods, but this was the main break of the weekend and there was soooooo much riding on this. Like I stated before, breaking this stuff is a GIANT RISK. Only because of the 100% guaranteed profit you get if you just decide to sell these boxes (as of today Blowout is buying these boxes at $1500, that's TRIPLE the investment). I'm not going to lie..I briefly thought about it, but what fun is buying this product without ripping it? I get it..free money but still, the chance to pull absolute MONSTERS is just too enticing for me. As the time came I started getting nervous. I was worried I used all my luck on Bowman and this would be a huge letdown. Worried that not only would I not pull anything great, but I would also actually end up LOSING money on the break as a whole. I had flashbacks to Topps Luminaries Baseball,.like $320 for 2  cards that were worth a combined $15...or even my recent Optic case. But still..I went with my gut and broke it. And now..here are the results..the results I have to live with...

Box 1
Carmelo Anthony Base (#33/99)

2016-17 Flawless Premium Ink Magenta Plate
Damian Lillard (#1/1)

Century Materials
Nikola Jokic (#6/25)


Game Gear Dual Jerseys

Russell Westbrook (#4/49)

Rookies Dual Materials
Malik Monk (#37/99)

Rookie Triple Materials
Luke Kennard (#33/99)

International Treasuers Autograph
J.J. Barea (80/99)

NBA Greats Autograph
Bernard King (#37/49)

Peerless Signatures
Gail Goodrich (#30/99)

RPA to 15
Josh Hart (Sweet Patch) (#3/15)

Box 2
Steven Adams Base(#02/99)

2017-18 Flawless Momentous Patch Autographs Yellow Printing Plate Patty Mills (#1/1)

Century Materials
Aaron Gordon (#8/99)
Ray Allen (#94/99)

Tremendous Treasures
Stephen Curry (#5/10) (Sweet Letter Patch)


Retro Materials Patch

Terry Cummings (#8/10)

Signatures
Rudy Gobert (#6/99)


International Treasures Autograph

Frank Ntilikina (#20/25)


Horizonatal RPA Parallel

Zach Collins (#25/25) Sweet Patch

RPA To 15
OG Anunoby Redemption

Box 3
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Base Card (#82/99)

Century Materials
Andrew Wiggins (#09/49)

Rookie Materials
Zach Collins (#45/99)

Rookie Jumbo Materials
Terrance Ferguson (#45/50)


Rookie Triple Materials

Justin Patton (#80/99)


Game Gear Triple Patch

Pau Gasol (#1/25)

Clutch Factor Auto/Jersey
Detlef Schrempf (#13/99)
Willie Cauley-Stein (#45/99)

Hometown Heroes Autograph
Tracy McGrady (#3/49)


RPA #to 15

LONZO BALL (Sick Patch) (#13/15)

Box 4
Pau Gasol Base Card (#31/99)

Tremendous Treasures Patch
DeMar DeRozan (#4/16)


Tremendous Treasures Jersey

Tyreke Evans (#35/49)


Treasured Threads Jersey

Kris Dunn (#2/49)

Century Materials
Blake Griffin (#5/99)
Brook Lopez (#42/49)


Rookie Autographs

Alec Peters (#48/99)

Signatures
Isaiah Rider (#32/99)

Game Gear Dual Patch Auto
Blake Griffin (#2/25)


RPA # to 15

De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)

Overall Thoughts: If you don't really follow basketball, you might not understand just HOW FREAKING BEYOND UNREAL AWESOME this break was!!!! Remember the Bowman break? Yeah.....this makes THAT look like an absolute BUST. This is a rookie driven product and I ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT. Remember the Jaren Kendall being my best pull ever? After this break..it seriously dropped to 4! So what makes it so great? Those limited edition Rookie Patch Autos numbered to 15. Those cards are on FIRE and high demand. So box one seemed absolutely brutal until I got to my Rookie Patch (the last card of the box). I saw Lakers and immediately got excited thinking it was Lonzo Ball or Kyle Kuzma...nope Josh Hart. Meh..right? Well even THAT card is a big money card. I sold it for $700. Just like that, my 2nd best pull ever in my life..and it ONLY got better from there. Box 2 was the most balanced, I got a SWEET Steph Curry patch card numbered to 10, I got a Frank Ntilikina On Card Auto to 25, and an OG Anunoby Rookie Patch Redemption numbered to 15. And just like that, the Anunoby became my biggest pull ever. He's not even considered one of the top flight rookies, but there have only been two redemptions sold and both sold for $1,250! By that time, with all the hits I had gotten, I had basically already covered the cost of the 4 boxes. Maybe I wouldn't make much profit, but at least it wasn't a bloodbath and I could enjoy opening the last two boxes with not much pressure. And then box 3 happened...it started out so bleak..I hit a TMac auto as the 2nd to last card (I was thinking well at least I like T Mac even though that's like maybe a $50 card at most) and then I slowly revealed the Rookie Patch..saw Lakers...and YES...this time it WAS LONZO BALL. An absolutely BEAUTIFUL ROOKIE AUTOGRAPH PATCH CARD. I couldn't believe it...I was in SHOCK...before this weekend, $350 was the high value of a card I had pulled..now i'm pulling multiple cards in the high 3 figure to 4 figure range like it's NOTHING!! AS beautiful as the Ball card and as much as I'd love to keep it, I have a pending sale for the card as we speak. The sale price? $4,500!!!! YEP...$4,500!! Just unbelievable. I can't see topping this...ever. Oh and the last box? Yielded a De'Aaron Fox Rookie Patch Auto to 15 that I sold for $1,500! 4 boxes and 3 cards worth 1200K or more. I'm still in shock as I type. THAT'S WHY I WANTED TO BREAK THIS STUFF!! The feeling of pulling something as HUGE as I what I pull is priceless within itself. I'm only selling because I mean...these are offers I cannot refuse. I can use that money to funnel other purchases plus I get the PC stuff I pulled from my cases for free. What a weekend...hands down the most fun I've ever had opening up stuff. No way will this be EVER replicated. So yeah, the Top 5 is totally different (though might stay how it is the rest of the year...it's going to be SUPER tough to break the Top 5 now). Every collector has their day in the sun...mine was finally this weekend!!! Here's pics of all the cards. (Anonunby isn't pictured since it's just a redemption card)

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018

#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Lonzo Ball (#13/15)
#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)
#3 2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph Jeren Kendall (#2/5)
#4 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive OG Anunoby Redemption
#5 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Josh Hart (#3/15)

4 comments:

  1. Geez...that Lonzo patch has to make the card EVEN MORE desirable...congrats man, you definitely deserve an awesome break like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Judson!! Appreciate the kind words!! It was definitely an experience I'll never forget!!

      Delete
  2. Oh dang. Congratulations! You're right... I don't follow basketball, so some of the names aren't familiar. But even non-basketball fans know the Ball family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji..hoping to pick up some nice singles with the profit I made on these weekend pickups!

      Delete