Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Box Breaks: 3 Boxes of 2017-18 Encased Basketball

 
Sigh..well my luck has been absolute dogshit so far. It's funny how things work out. I go on the run of my life and now I follow it up with the WORST run of my life. Not even going to do a teaser, it keeps getting WORSE with this break. The draw of this product is a slabbed BGS card in every box. Here's my shitty luck continuing.

Box 1
Base Card
Kemba Walker (#17/99)

Rookie Dual Jerseys
Davon Reed (#74/149)

Rookie Triple Jersey Patch
Tony Bradley (#4/10) (WRONG JAZZ ROOKIE)


Scripted Signatures

Vin Baker (#92/99)

Graded Card
Rookie Notable Signatures Zach Collins BGS 9.5 (#74/99)

Box 2

Base Card
Marc Gasol (#39/99)

Substantial Swatches Rookie
Markelle Fultz (#94/99)

Dual Jerseys
Andre Drummond (#2/99)


Endorsements Auto

Joel Embiid Redemption (Numbered to 49)

Graded Card
Rookie Endorsements Bogdan Bogdanovic BGS 9 (#48/99)

Box 3

Base Card
Andre Drummond (#66/99)


Dual Jerseys

Paul Milsap (#50/99)
Karl Anthony Towns (#92/99)


Endorsements

Shareef Abdur-Rahim (#03/99)

Graded Card
Frank Mason Jr. Rookie Scripted Signatures BGS 9 (#19/99)

Overall Thoughts: AWFUL..just flat out AWFUL. So bad that even the BASE CARDS SUCK. These card companies really know how to stick it to you. It's one thing to bust on product like Inception where it's $75 a box, but I've completely whiffed on a nearly $1,000.00 case of Finest and now this, which was around $210 a box. The only decent hit was the Embiid but of course that was a redemption so no telling when or even if that gets fulfilled. And even THEN, it's not THAT big of a card. Everything else was awful. Player selection wise, it's cool getting on card autos of guys like Shareef Abdur Rahim and Vin Baker (90's stars that I grew up with) and the Shareef is actually numbered to his jersey number, but you're looking at $5 cards at BEST, plus $1 jersey cards and 3 graded cards that combined probably won't even net me $100. At this point, I'm definitely holding on buying more wax (I bought a lot on presale which is why I have multiple things coming in) because it's to the point where I'm literally throwing away a LOT of money. I'm definitely paying for my good fortune in SPADES now. I have one more break this weekend and my expectations are so low and luck so bad, I'm honestly just hoping for at the very least a mediocre break and not these bottom of the barrel worst case scenario breaks that I've had. Here's pics of the cards

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018



#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Lonzo Ball (#13/15)

#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)

#3 2018 Topps Tier One Triple Patch Autographs Ichiro (#1/1)

#4 2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph Jeren Kendall (#2/5)

#5 2018 Topps Tier One Tier One Signatures Derek Jeter (#7/15)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about that break. Hope these upcoming boxes help you recover some of your losses.

    By the way... let me know if you're interested in selling the Shareef. It's a beautiful card with the cool "jersey" serial number. Plus he's a former Cal Bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well..my elite break got me right on track. I'm keeping the Shareef and Vin Baker..they might not be worth much but I'd rather just keep em as they are stars of my childhood then sell them for the few bucks I would get for them

      Delete