Pages

Friday, February 15, 2019

Box Breaks: 3 Boxes of 2018 FOTL Select Football

 
So last weekend was the absolute WORST time I've ever had in breaking stuff since I've gotten back into collecting. I was so pissed off, I didn't bother to recap my horrible 3 box Prizm break that capped off the crappiest weekend of all time. It was so bad, I really did think about calling it quits again. I'll say it again, breaking boxes/cases is a risk..more times than not it's a money losing endeavor and I'm 100% fine with that. What I'm not fine with is total annihilation. I'll give you an example. My Revolution Hobby Case..I doubt I came to close to breaking even there, but I still pulled a Luka Doncic on card auto. At least I have SOMETHING to show for it. There should be 0 excuse for a case to NOT have some kind of case hit that at least salvages a little bit of your break. I got...NOTHING of the sort in the Optic break. When you literally break the worst Optic break you can break, it frustrates to the point of wanting to quit. It did wake me up and though and make me realize that I gotta stop throwing so much money out of the window. Does it mean I'm never breaking again? No..of course not..it does mean though I'm going to do my best to scale back. I'm not going to go after every product (like Crown Royale) out there. I'm going to stick with FOTL products (if I can get my hands on them) for sure, but I'm definitely cutting back down on my breaks. So this break, might be the last break of the month honestly. There's nothing on the horizon I'm interested in. It's FOTL..but it's Football. I haven't had a ton of success in FOTL Football wise, but this was going to be the only way to break Select at a decent price. I'm really hoping to break out my funk with this...so here goes nothing....


Notable Base Rookie Cards
Concourse
Baker Mayfield
Sony Michel
Calvin Ridley
Josh Rosen
Josh Allen (2)

Premier Level
Saquon Barkley

Field Level
Josh Rosen

Snapshots
Tom Brady
Tyreek Hill
Ezekiel Elliott
Kirk Cousins


Snapshots Silver Prizm

Derwin James

Sensations
Cooper Kupp
JuJu Smith-Schuster
James Connor

Sensations Tye Dye
Cooper Kupp (#20/25)


Rookie Selections

Saquon Barkley
Sony Michel

Rookie Selections Silver Prizm
Josh Rosen
Christian Kirk
Mason Rudolph

Rookie Selections Gold Prizm
Nick Chubb (#9/10)

Phenomenon
Calvin Ridley
Jalen Ramsey
Todd Gurley

Phenomenon Silver Prizm
DeShaun Watson
Rob Gronkowski


Concourse Silver Prizms

Sam Darnold RC
Rashaad Penny RC
Jordan Thomas RC
Lorenzo Carter RC
Antonio Callaway RC
Chase Edmonds RC
Phillip Lindsay RC
Deon Cain RC
Brennan Scarlett RC
Jessie Bates RC
Jimmy Garoppolo
Tom Brady
Carson Wentz
Derek Carr
Myles Garrett

Premier Level Silver Prizms
Phillip Lindsay RC
Rashaad Penny RC
Nyheim Hines RC
Marquez Valdes-Scantling RC
Keke Coutee RC
JuJu Smith-Schuseter
Matt Ryan
Ben Roethlisberger
Clay Matthews

Field Level Silver Prizms
Harrison Butker RC
Patrick Mahomes II
Pat McAfee
Demaryius Thomas
Xavier Rhodes
Joey Bosa


Premier Level Tri-Color Prizms

Christian Kirk RC (#165/199)
D.J. Chark RC (#65/199)
Alex Collins (#101/199)
Leonard Fournette (#76/199)

Field Level Tri-Color Prizms
Darious Leonard RC (#10/99)

Concourse Blue Prizm
Saquon Barkley RC (#151/175)
Anthony Miller RC (#78/175)
Ben Roethlisberger (#21/175)

Concourse Maroon Prizm
Brennan Scarlett RC (#79/99)
Nyheim Hines RC (#33/99)

Field Level Copper Prizm
James Washington RC (#60/75)
Cameron Jordan (#17/75)

Concourse Orange Prizm
Drew Brees (#18/49)

Orange Pulsar Prizm Concourse
Kenny Young RC (#5/9)

Orange Pulsar Prizm Field Level
SAM DARNOLD (#2/9)


Orange Pulsar Prizm Die Cut Field Level

Cam Newton (#7/9)

Select Swatches Silver Prizm
Sam Darnold (#21/99)
DeMarcus Lawrence (#100/194)


Select Swatches White Prizm

Chris Thompson (#32/75)

Rookie Signatures Silver Prizm
Leighton Vander Esch (#49/199)

Signature Prizm Blue
Joe Washington (#12/49)

Orange Pulsar Jumbo Materials RPA
Christian Kirk (#22/23)

Orange Pulsar Prime Selection RPA
Christian Kirk (#8/23)

Orange Pulsar Rookie Materials RPA
Jaleel Scott (#12/23)


XRC Prizm Redemption

RB5

XRC Mystery Autograph Tie-Dye Prizm Redemption
XRCAuto2

400 Panini Points


Overall Thoughts: MUCH....MUCH...MUCH...BETTER! I KILLED THIS BREAK!!! Man O man was this fun and the TOTAL opposite of last weekend. I pulled a ton of nice rookie parallels, some surprising (I already sold the Darius Leonard Tri-Color for $40, the Cam Newton for $45, and one of the Lindsay Rookie Prizms for $25). I got a nice Barkley Blue Prizm Parallel, a Nick Chubb Gold Insert Numbered to 10, a Leighton Vander Esch Silver Prizm Auto (he's a Cowboy, so that's PC) and so much more. Even with the Panini Points (at least its 400 points) and getting two different RPA's of the same rookie (Christian Kirk...hey it could be worse) and a 3rd bla one (Jaleel Scott) I still absolutely destroyed this break. The Darnold numbered to 9 is BIG time! Definitely a top 5 pull! The crazy thing. In a few more months this break might even be BETTER. I pulled a Mystery Autograph Redemption (Tie Dye Version to 25) for a player from this upcoming draft. If somehow that ends up being a QB (now I'm hoping the Giants trade up to get Dwayne Haskins) this could be a MONEY CARD! I really needed this after last week! Now this DOESN'T change my mind, it's not going to make think everything is OK and I can just go back and buy a ton of wax again, I still plan on scaling back...just happy I'm back on track! Here's pics of the cards!!

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2019
#1 2018-19 Optic Basketball Lebron James Purple Stars FOTL Exclusive Parallel (#5/13)
#2 2018-19 Prizm Basketball Robert Williams III Black Gold Prizm RC (#3/5)
#3 2018 Select Sam Darnold FOTL Neon Orange Pulsar Prizm RC (#2/9)
#4 2018 Contenders Football Nick Chubb FOTL Red Zone Auto Parallel
#5 2018-19 Optic Basketball Signature Series Gold Trae Young (#1/10)


2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Congratulations on pulling that Darnold auto... and the blue Barkley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was a Darnold Auto! Lol..but still, it's a low numbered parallel, so it works!

      Delete