Pages

Friday, February 8, 2019

January Mail Days

I've been SUPER sick the past week which halted my case break of 18-19 Optic Basketball. I still need to finish that, which I'm hoping to do this weekend as I'm feeling a bit better, but before I do that, I wanted to show off my January Mail Days. It's been a while since I've had a ton of pickups since I had been more focused on busting boxes for Cardfest at the end of last year, but to start off the year I picked up a few things. Here's what I got!


00-01 Ultimate Victory Championship Fabrics Julius Erving

If I happen to stumble upon a game used card from early 00's, I definitely try my best to add it to my collection. I won this for a mere $4.00 (free shipping since I won another card to go with it). An early issued Dr. J Jersey card. I can't believe a card like this can be had for under $5 but that's what happens when memorabilia cards have been basically killed as a collectible. Just a great card from a time mem cards meant something

17-18 Flawless Patches Clyde Drexler (#15/25)
 
Yes mem cards are basically dead, but patch cards still carry some weight, and Flawless patches are some of the nicest ones you can find. I got this Clyde The Glide Patch for $35.00 and it features a big nice patch from one of his Blazers jerseys.

2018-19 Prizm Luka Doncic Green Prizm RC

This was basically free since I used my Ebay Bucks to pick this up. I think Green Prizms are underrated, as they're retail only and probably have a print run way lower than than super popular Silver Prizms. I also think this border goes well with Luka because it's the Mavs Old School Jersey colors.

2018-19 Prizm Luka Doncic Silver Prizm

I overpaid, but I had to get one. I had a lot of money to play with after a bunch of sales so I splurged and picked up his most popular Prizm rookie. Yes, there are a ton, but regardless it's still one of the best Luka's to get. Very happy to add it to my collection!

2018 Optic Saquon Barkley Purple Stars Auto RC (#19/50)

I'm a sucker for Chrome On Card Autos and since I only have one other Saquon Auto (An auto I pulled out of Retail Panini, which is a sticker auto) I saw this sent a best offer and the seller accepted. These were the FOTL exclusive autos so basically for the price of a couple of boxes I snatched the Saquon.  Very nice card of the NFL's Rookie Of The Year

2017 Prizm Patrick Mahomes II Purple Cracked Ice Auto RC (#61/75)

I was going to get one eventually. Yes it's a sticker auto, but it's still a very nice rookie auto of the league's newest star and MVP of the 2018 season.

98-99 EX Century Allen Iverson Dunk N' Go Nuts

Been a while since I've added an old school insert, but I saw this and there was NO DOUBT I was winning it. It's one of my favorite insert sets ever. I have a Shaq, and now I have the A.I.!

and now my two favorite pickups of the month

2016 Topps Triple Threads Jumbo Patches Autograph Mike Piazza (#3/3)

HOLY CRAP IS THIS AMAZING! A letterman patch along with two nice multi color patches and an auto of Hall of Famer Mike Piazza! The auto is a sticker, but it actually works nice with this card. I don't have a lot of book cards, but this one was definitely worth it!

2009 Upper Deck Exquisite Legendary Signatures Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith/Thurman Thomas (#13/15)

Yeah..I mean do I need to say anything? Look at this combo. The BEST trio of RB's in the 90's. Of course it's got my guy Emmitt and I've always wanted a multi auto card of him and Barry Sanders. You throw in HOF'er Thurman Thomas and this card is just unbelievably awesome. As far as football cards, I have a couple of cards that are more valuable than this one...but this one right here..is my new favorite football card in my collection.

I'm hoping to have the Optic Case Break post up sometime this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Dang. You don't mess around. That triple autograph is awesome! Loved collecting all three guys back in the 90's. And that Dunk N Go Nuts card is beautiful. I have a few sitting in a box somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah..that triple auto was a MUST HAVE...it defined my childhood. So happy I was able to win it!

    ReplyDelete