Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Favorite 150 Items in My Collection-#147 Anfernee Hardaway Fan Club 8X10 "Autograph"

Why I Like It: This brings back SO many memories. Anfernee Hardaway was my favorite player growing up and I sent him a letter with a card hoping he would return it autographed. Of course at the time, Penny basically only rivaled Michael Jordan as most popular player in the league, so even as a kid I knew my odds were slim. My card got returned..unsigned of course, but I did get an invitation to join Penny's fan club!! I begged my parents to let me join (I believe I was 9 or 10 at the time), it promised an autographed 8X10 pic of Penny plus Fan Club Newsletters! I was stoked when they let me join and couldn't wait to get in the autograph! This is the "autograph" I got. It's not a real hand signed auto, rather it's a pre printed one, but at the time I sure as hell treated it like one and it was the "cornerstone" of my collection. I do have real autographs of Penny, but to this day I still proudly hang in this photo in my room as a reminder that I was in the Penny Hardaway fan club!

1 comment: