Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pack Break: 3 Packs of 15-16 White Sparkle Prizm Basketball

 photo 20160930_141247_zpsif0d55zi.jpg 
If you don't follow Basketball much (or to an extent Football, because Football has these packs too) Panini carries exclusive White Sparkle Prizm Packs on their Panini Rewards Store, where you can get up to 3 packs at a 1000 points a piece. In Basketball, these cards (mainly the rookie cards, but even the superstars) are on FIRE...as Panini hasn't come out publicly with the print run. At first, collectors were guessing a print run of 5, but after more packs have been opened up, it's definitely more than 5, as there have been 7 confirmed pulls of Ty Lawson (I pulled one)...making people think the print run is anywhere from 10-20. We'll never know until Panini actually comes out and say it, so the mystique keeps prices pretty high. I took a shot at my 3 pack limit and here's what I got.

Pack 1
Amare Stoudemire
Channing Frye
JJ Hickson

Pack 2
Rik Smits
Eric Bledsoe
Chris Bosh All Star

Pack 3
Ty Lawson
Deandre Jordan
Joe Young RC

Overall Thoughts: The base set is huge, and you only get 3 cards a pack, so the odds are slim on pulling one of the better rookies. I'd say it was a so so break. Got some decent names and pulled a rookie as well. I've already sold the Joe Young and Lawson, and the Bosh is the only one I'm going to keep. The cards themselves are very nice...I'm a sucker for Prizm Parallels, so these are no exception. I bought these though just hoping to pull a nice star or rookie and since I really did neither (outside the Bosh), I'll recoup some of money through Ebay. Here's the cards I pulled

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Top 5 Pulls of 2016
#1- 2016 Topps Tribute Superfractor Autograph Alex Gordon (#1/1)
#2- 2015-16 Panini Prizms Rookie Signatures Silver Prizms Kristaps Porzingis (#25/25)
#3- 2016 Topps Tribute Milestone Relic Game Used Ball Kris Bryant (#5/10)
#4-2016 Donruss Signature Marks Gold Terry Bradshaw (#1/5)
   #5-15-16 Limited Gold Spotlight Dual Signatures Kristaps  Porzingis/Jerian  Grant (#8/10) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment