Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Box Breaks: 2 16-17 Donruss Optic Basketball Hobby Boxes

 
So I haven't broken 16-17 product since my god awful Prizm break in November, mainly because of the crap rookie class and no product really seemed worth breaking, until I saw Optic come out. I really liked Optic in Football and so I decided to take a shot and open 2 boxes for basketball. After watching numerous breaks, I had my doubts my break would be that good, but I'm a glutton for punishment so here we go!

Box 1

Rookies
Dejounte Murray
Jake Layman
Domantas Sabonis
Sheldon McClellan
Jamal Murray
A.J. Hammons
DeAndre Bembry
Skal Labissiere
Thon Maker
Isaiah Whitehead
Marshall Plumlee
Buddy Hield
Pascal Siakam
Demetrius Jackson

All Stars
Paul George
Dwyane Wade
Grant Hill

All Stars Holo
Magic Johnson

The Champ Is Here
Kyrie Irving
Dwyane Wade

The Champ Is Here Gold Holo
Larry Bird (#4/10)

Silver Holo
Thon Maker RC
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Marshall Plumlee RC
Isaiah Whitehead RC
Markieff Morris

Holo Orange
Joe Johnson (#180/199)
Kay Felder RC (#116/199)

Holo Red
Aaron Harrison (#84/99)

The Elite Series
Dwyane Wade
Damian Lillard

The Elite Series Red Holo
Blake Griffin (#73/99)

Dimes
Isaiah Thomas


Dimes Silver Holo

James Harden

Rookie Autos
Jake Layman

Box 2

Rookies

Tyler Ulis
Deyonta Davis
Georges Niang
Taurean Prince
Cheick Diallo
Ron Baker
Marquese Chriss
Denzel Valentine
Jakob Poeltl
Damian Jones
Michael Gbinije
Paul Zipser
Tomas Satoransky
Wade Baldwin IV
Malcolm Brogdon

All Stars
Kawhi Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge
Anthony Davis

All Stars Silver Holo
Paul George

The Champ Is Here
LeBron James
Larry Bird

The Elite Series
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Davis

The Elite Series Silver Holo
Russell Westbrook

Dimes
Russell Westbrook

Crashers
Rudy Gobert

Crashers Red Holo
Rudy Gobert (#34/99)

Silver Holo
Karl Anthony-Towns
Marcus Morris
Demetrius Jackson RC
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler

Orange Holo
Damian Jones RC (#143/199)
Gordon Hayward (#186/199)


Red Holo

Jake Layman RC (#67/99)

Rookie Autographs
Jaylen Brown

Overall Thoughts: I must say...I was pleasantly surprised..and I'm not just saying that because I pulled two pretty good hits..I say that because I think these cards look damn good, especially the inserts. I love the chrome finish on all the inserts and even better, the color parallels of the inserts just really pop. My first auto in box 1 was lame (I pulled Layman in Prizm too) but pulling the Gold Parallel of the Bird Champ Is Here was awesome and it's a super nice card that looks great in person. I love getting big name inserts and I know they aren't worth much but I don't care..they are cool looking. I pulled 3 different inserts of Russ, and inserts of LeBron, Wade, Anthony Davis etc. I couldn't ask for a better rookie autograph really as Jaylen Brown is probably either the best or tied for the best rookie auto hit of the entire product with Brandon Ingram and Jamal Murray. All in all just a fun break for the price, though there's no way I would break this at over $100 a pop. If you can wait a little bit for it to get back down to $75-$85 range I'd definitely recommend trying it or dabble in some retail as well. Here are pics of the cards.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Top 5 Pulls of 2017

#1- 2016 Donruss Optic Gold Vinyl Cam Newton 1/1
#2- 16-17 Donruss Optic Jaylen Brown Rookie Signatures

#3- 16-17 Donruss Optic Larry Bird The Champ Is Here Gold Holo (#4/10)
#4- 2016 Donruss Optic Derrick Henry Rated Rookie Autograph (#43/150)
#5- 2016 Donruss Optic Kenneth Dixon Rated Rookie Holo Autograph   Redemption (# to 99)




No comments:

Post a Comment