Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

Box Breaks: 9 Blasters of 2017-18 Optic Basketball and 1 Target Exclusive Mega Box



I'm going to be going through a LOT of Optic this weekend. I started it Monday with the Value Pack Box and now I got my Target stash in along with a hobby case. Last week Target had a sale which was $25 off any $100 toy purchase. Cards are included so I took advantage and placed a couple of orders and ended up with 9 Blasters and a Mega Box. So what exactly is a mega box?


 
It's pretty straight forward. for $49.99 you get an exclusive 50 card Rated Rookie Card set (they look like Flash Prizms) and 2 packs of Optic. I think it's pretty cool to get an exclusive rookie parallel set of this deep draft class so it was a no brainer purchase for me. Here's how the cards look like
 
Love the look of these cards! Definitely worth it to pick up one of these sets if you can find one at Target. There's a Wal Mart Mega Box as well but those are more traditional with packs and they have a special Red and Yellow Parallel you can pull from those.  Speaking of packs the Mega Box did come with two packs and they weren't too bad. A Kuzma Rookie and a Checkerboard parallel of Danilo Gallinari

 

And now Blaster time
 
Now the Value Rack Packs were pretty awful but at least with these blasters I got them discounted. Hopefully I do better than Monday's break. Here's what I got

Notable Base Rookies
Jayson Tatum
Kyle Kuzma(x2)
Markelle Fultz (x2)
Lonzo Ball (x2)
Frank Ntilikina (x2)
De'Aaron Fox (x2)
Lauri Markkanen

Silver Holo
Harry Giles RC
Josh Hart RC
Jabari Parker
J.R. Smith
Mike Conley
Alex Burks
Zach Randolph
Jamal Crawford
E'Twaun Moore


Purple Holo

John Collins RC
Rudy Gay
Victor Oladipo
Zach LaVine
John Wall (x2)
Otto Porter Jr.
Jeff Teague
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Checkerboard Holo
Danilo Gallinari (Mega Box Pull)



Court Kings

Buddy Hield (Mega Box Pull)
Brandon Ingram
Dwyane Wade (x2)
Aaron Gordon (x2)
Damian Lillard
Gary Harris (x2)
Kristaps Porzingis
Rudy Gobert
Dirk Nowitzki
Myles Turner
Reggie Jackson

Court Kings Silver Holo
Russell Westbrook
Kyle Lowry
Andrew Wiggins


Court Kings Purple Holo

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Brandon Ingram
Gary Harris
Jeremy Lin

Rookie Kings
John Collins (X2)
Jarrett Allen
Harry Giles (x2)
Frank Ntilikina
Dennis Smith Jr.
Frank Mason III
Derrick White
Malik Monk

Rookie Kings Purple Holo
Harry Giles

Rookie Kings Gold Holo
Frank Jackson (#8/10)

Hall Kings
Wilt Chamberlain
Scottie Pippen
Jo Jo White
Oscar Robertson
Reggie Miller
Isiah Thomas
Dennis Rodman
Larry Bird
Elgin Baylor

Hall Kings Silver Holo
Bill Russell
Isiah Thomas


Hall Kings Purple Holo

Gary Payton
Alonzo Mourning


Signature Series Silver Holo

Michael Cage

Rated Rookies Signatures
Juwan Evans


Overall Thoughts: Slighty better than the Value Racks, but not by much. Got excited with the Redemption knowing Donovan Mitchell is a redemption and also the gold parallel but they were of bla players. Well..I gotta hope Hobby saves my butt. Pics of the better cards

  
 
 


Top 5 Pulls of 2018 
#1 2017-18 Panini Select Ben Simmons Green Prizm (#3/5)
#2 2017-18 Panini Select Rookie Autographs Neon Green Prizm Kyle Kuzma (#38/65)
#3 2017-18 Panini Contenders The Finals Ticket Rookie Autographs Markelle Fultz (#40/49) 
#4 2018 Topps Heritage Mike Trout Nickname Variaton (KIIIIID)
#5 2017-18 Panini Contenders Historic Playoff Tickets Autographs Dwyane Wade (#18/25)

 

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that Mega Box existed until reading this post...I hope my Target brings them in. They have not restocked since before Christmas and never even bothered to bring in Prizm or a couple of sets in other sports I collect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah My Target seemed to get like very minimal Prizm..I only ever found 4 Blasters. I'm sure it could be the same with these, that's why I just went ahead and bought them online at Target

      Delete
  2. Have no idea who Frank Jackson is... but I like the look of that Gold Rookie Kings card.

    Btw... I actually wrote a basketball post. I know you enjoy 90's inserts. If you're bored...

    http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2018/04/digging-up-buried-treasure.html

    ReplyDelete