Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

July Maildays

Once again, not too many pickups this month as I've been (regrettably) still buying way too much wax. Only 3 pickups but they do have a running theme. "Throwback Designs". Here's what I got



2017 Topps Silver Pack Orange Mike Trout PSA 10 (#70/75)
 
I really love how Topps incorporates their old designs into their current products. I saw this card and I just had to it. I love the orange refractor finish and it's a Gem Mint copy to boot. Great addition to the PC!

2017 Finest 94-95 Basketball Autographs Orange Refractor Jose Altuve (#18/25)
 
This has become one of my favorite cards in my baseball collection. I actually saw a Blowout member post that he opened a box of Finest Baseball and pulled this exact card. Once I saw it..I knew I had to get it. I reached out to the member but he wasn't interested in selling at the time, so I went on EBay to try to find one and lo and behold I did and struck a deal. Altuve is one of my favorite baseball players and this design uses the 94-95 Finest Basketball set design, which is so cool. It's also the PERFECT color parallel for the Astros as the Orange just really pops. Very excited I was able to find someone willing to sell one of these babies!


2018 Topps 1983 Autographs Black Parallel Gleyber Torres (#68/99)
 
I've really liked picking up Gleyber stuff here recently and again, these throwback cards just get me. Such a sweet looking on card auto using the 1983 Topps Design. 

And that'll it do it for July!

















































1 comment: