Pages

Friday, October 12, 2018

Box Breaks: 1 Box of 2017-18 FOTL Immaculate Basketball

 
Well..there was no way I was going to miss out on Panini's latest First Off The Line Basketball product. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know what the limit was per order, and I wanted to ensure I at least got one box, so that's all I ended up getting. Had I know what the limit was (it was 3) I would've ended up getting 2 but hey, since they sold out so fast as usual, I'm just happy I was able to get one. Again, like all Basketball products, these boxes are selling well above the MSRP of $425 that I paid (plus tax). Yes..the smart thing to do is to sell my box on Ebay (anywhere from $800-$850) and be on my merry way, but that's just not fun for me. I didn't buy to flip, I bought to bust and even though I know 90% busting wax is a losing endeavor, that 10% is what makes me go for it. The FOTL Exclusive is either a emerald base parallel numbered to 8 or a Jumbo Patch numbered 8 or less. So...let's see how it goes!


Base Card Otto Porter Jr. (#48/75)

Standout Memorabilia
Khris Middleton (#38/49)

The Standard Jersey
Magic Johnson (#7/10)


Modern Marks

Udonis Haslem (68/99)


Autograph Patch

Derrick Favors (#9/15)

Jumbo Patch FOTL
Derrick White (#4/8)

Immaculate Milestones Acetate Auto
Steph Curry (7/25)

Overall Thoughts: Um yeah..it's always SWEET when the gamble pays off! Steph doesn't sign much and for a high end product like this, this DEFINITELY made the break. Also, instead of getting the emerald base card I got a SWEET Jumbo FOTL exclusive patch card. Timing is kind of bad because Derrick White just got hurt, but regardless what an AWESOME looking card! Also the Magic Johnson Jersey numbered to 10 ain't too shabby either! Very Happy with the break!

 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018
#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Lonzo Ball (#13/15)
#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)
#3 2018 Topps Tier One Triple Patch Autographs Ichiro (#1/1)
#4 2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph Jeren Kendall (#2/5)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Topps Tier One Tier One Signatures Derek Jeter (#7/15)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Autographs Black Holo FOTL Exclusive Shohei Ohtani (#10/12)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Topps Clearly Authentic Autograph Black Parallel Redemption Shohei Ohtani (# to 75)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Steph! Got free tickets to see the game last night. It was my first NBA game I've been to in four or five years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I got a chance to see them play in San Antonio (and i believe it was their 72nd win which tied the bulls win record) and this was pre Durant so i was pulling for them and he's simply AMAZING to watch

    ReplyDelete