Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Box Breaks: 3 Hanger Boxes of 2018 Topps Baseball & 3 Boxes of 2018 Topps Five Star

 
So talk about a night and day break..Topps Update Retail is about as low end as you can get while Five Star is more a higher end higher risk product. I bought 5 Star on presale and just got it in today, while I picked up 3 hangers of Topps Update at Wal Mart just to give it a whirl and maybe pull a base Soto Rookie. At 10 bucks a pop, it's a low risk as you're going to get and expectations are super low as far as pulling anything super meaningful. It's just a fun break, a warm up so to speak before I open 5 Star. Here's what I got out of Update


Juan Soto Base RC
Juan Soto Rookie Debut
Ohtani Base RC
Ohtani/Upton/Trout Base
Ohtani 3 Hr Streak
Ronald Acuna Jr. Rookie Debut
Ozzie Albies All Star (x2)
Gleyber Torres All Star


Topps Salute

Miles Mikolas
Jordan Hicks
Reggie Jackson

Topps 35th Anniversary

Mitch Haniger
Christian Yelich
Willy Adames

2018 Hall of Fame Highlights
Vladimir Guerrero (#HFH9)
Vladimir Guerrero (#HFH11)
Chipper Jones (#HFH1)
Chipper Jones (#HFH3)
Chipper Jones (#HFH5)
Jim Thome (#HFH12)

Hall of Fame Highlights Blue Parallel
Jim Thome (#HFH16)

Legends In The Making
Matt Chapman
Giancarlo Stanton
Yu Darvish
Justin Upton
Craig Kimbrel
Ian Happ


Legends In The Making Blue Parallel

Miguel Sano

Storybook Endings
Ted Williams
Cal Ripken Jr.
Will Clark

Rainbow Foil
Taylor Davis
Jeimer Candelario
Zach Britton


Gold

Ohtani 3 HR Streak (1082/2018)
Aaron Nola All Star (#277/2018)
Daniel Robertson (#1659/2018)

Not a bad little break at all. A numbered Ohtani, a Soto Base Rookie Card (card I wanted) another Soto Rookie Debut, multiple different Ohtani base, Gleyber, Acuna, and Albies. Definitely for the price a pretty a fun break. Hopefully this IS NOT the better break of the two products I'm opening. Now..onto Topps Five Star

Box 1
Five Star Autographs
Dustin Fowler

Jumbo Patch Autographs
Pedro Martinez (#17/25)

Box 2

Five Star Autographs
Chance Sisco

Silver Signatures
Johnny Damon (#19/25)

Box 3

Five Star Autographs
Manny Margot

Five Star Autographs Green Parallel
Gary Sanchez (#1/15)

Overall Thoughts: Not too bad. Could've been worse. The Pedro is AMAZING and definitely staying in the PC as I don't have a Pedro autograph in my collection. I pulled Dustin Fowler YET AGAIN and that's seriously like the 7th or 8th auto of his I've pulled this year...gross. Same with Chance F'n Sisco. The Damon is cool but not worth much and the Sanchez is not a bad hit though I caught a glimpse of the Yankees helmet and got my hopes up for something better. All in all not bad. Here's pics of the cards (I've also edited my Top 5 pulls as the Steph Curry auto I pulled is a little bit better of a pull than I thought)

 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018
#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Lonzo Ball (#13/15)
#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)
#3 2017-18 Immaculate Milestones Acetate Autograph Stephen Curry (#7/25)
#4 2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph Jeren Kendall (#2/5)
#5 2018 Topps Tier One Tier One Signatures Derek Jeter (#7/15)

1 comment:

  1. Year in and year out... Five Star is one of my favorite baseball products. Love their on-card autographs.

    ReplyDelete