Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Annnnd Some More Cardfest Additions plus PRIZMPALOOZA NEWS!

Alright so before I show off new additions to Cardfest, I got some news on another event that will happen directly after Cardfest. The 2nd PRIZMPALOOZA! I did Prizmpalooza last year concurrently with Cardfest and if you remember, Prizmpalooza is just a massive break of Basketball Prizm. I decided to do it again this year but I have a TON more to open this go around (including Hobby and FOTL Prizm, which I didn't have last year) so between Cardfest and Prizmpalooza, it's going to be INSANE ripping so much product. I'll show off the contents of that later, but for now, more Cardfest additions!
 2017 Donruss Optic Football Blaster Boxes
  
I need supplies big time, since I've got so much stuff to open so I bought some off Steel City and to complete my purchase I decided to get 5 Optic Blasters at 10 bucks a piece. It's a cheap low risk way to chase some lower end Mahomes rookies.

2018  Sportkings Blaster Box
 
This was a Blowout Cyber Monday Pickup. Again, needed to get to $200 for free shipping and this hit the spot for $15. I figured for less than the price at a Wal Mart or Target (19.99 plus tax) this product was intriguing enough to try one blaster of.

2018 Topps WWE Then Now and Forever Hobby Box
 
Very surprised how cheap these were out of the gate. Only $45 for a hobby box. I have to get my wrestling fix so here's the lone Wrestling box out of the group.

2018-19 NBA Hoops Hobby Boxes
 
I love Hoops..I just don't love paying original MSRP on Hoops boxes ($65-$70). Hoops is a low end brand and although in today's era of collecting $65-$70 IS considered low end.. I still am stuck in the olden days where Hoops was a $2 a pack product. So when Blowout's Cyber Monday sale had this at $50 a box, I jumped at it and got 3 boxes. Totally on board ripping it at that price.

2018-19 Absolute Memorabilia Basketball Hobby Box
 
And finally for this post, Absolute Memorabilia is a fairly recent product that I wanted to try. This is actually the first product that has Lebron James in his Lakers uniform so that's an added chase.

Let's see, so I still have one product that I have in hand that I'm waiting to show off, and at least three more products that I bought stuff of that was a presale that I'm hoping to get in before Christmas. I didn't think I would top last year product wise, but it definitely looks like I did. I can't WAIT to start ripping everything!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Had a 20% off coupon at Target (plus my 5% Red Card discount), so I picked up some of those Sportkings boxes. Although the checklist isn't as strong as I would have liked... they're still beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..im glad they decided to release a retail version of this..the hobby stuff is too high for me to wanna try. But have no problem spending 15-20 on a blaster

      Delete