Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Favorite 150 Items in My Collection-#130 1995 Cal Ripken Jr. Commemortive Starting Lineup

 

Why I Like It:  It commemorates the beginning of Cal Ripken Jr's consecutive games streak. I love the piece as it showcases Ripken in the uniform he wore on the very first game of his streak. I was a kid while Ripken broke "The Streak" so it brings back great memories of what was and still is such a great record. This was pretty popular during the heyday of Starting Lineup Figures. I waited until market crashed to pick this up relatively cheap.



2 comments:

  1. The card shop I worked at in the late 90's sold a bunch of these figures. If I'm not mistaken, they were going for $25 to $50 each. I waited too and picked it up for a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if that's what they were going for back then! Very hot piece!

    ReplyDelete