Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Favorite 150 Items in My Collection-#127 1997 Starting Lineup Terrell Davis FP

 

Why I Like It:  It was the most coveted football piece of the 97 season. This figure was scorching hot as Davis was the hottest running back going in the league at the time. This figure regularly sold for $100 or more at its peak. It was impossible to find at retail level and being a kid there was just no way I thought I'd ever own it. Fast forward many years later after the big SLU Crash and I was able to snatch this for a mere 2 bucks. Crazy how times change. The impact of this figure alone is why it's always been a favorite of mine.



3 comments:

  1. It's a shame injuries took it's toll on TD. The guy was unstoppable for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never forget my friend pulling a TD game used jersey in 1999 out of 1 single pack of Upper Deck at Target...that phone call I got that day..he was beyond in shock..when Game Used Jersey Cards actually meant something and it was of one of the hottest players at the time. I was insanely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man... I'd be jealous too. Pulling jersey cards back in the 90's was tough. Oh how times have changed.

    ReplyDelete