Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Another Throwback Thursday Set + My First Topps Now Card

So last week I got my 2nd Throwback Thursday set in, and this one uses the 1977 Topps Design and commemorates the single season home run record for the entire MLB being broken. Again, any excuse for more Bellinger's and Judge's works for me! I also love the set design as well. Here's the cards in the set







I'm really digging these sets and I have 1 more coming in probably this week, so can't wait to show that off. I also got my first Topps Now card in. I know relic cards nowadays are considered close to garbage, but as long as they are tied to a specific game, I still enjoy them. Topps Now had game worn jersey relics from MLB's Player's Weekend where the players got to use their nicknames on the backs of their jersey. I thought it was cool to get a relic card from that game and decided to get one of Kris Bryant. I know I overpaid, but since there was a chance for serial numbered cards (including patch cards) the price was a little higher than you'd think, but I still thought it was worth it. I didn't get a parallel, but am still really happy with the card. Here's my Kris Bryant Topps Now Player's Weekend Relic card.


1 comment:

  1. That Bryant is a great way to kick off your Topps Now collection.

    ReplyDelete