Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

Box Breaks: 4 Boxes of 2017 Topps Archives Snapshots

 
So Topps Archives Snapshots is an online exclusive set offered on Topps website. For $25 a box you get 12 cards which includes a black and white parallel and an on card autograph. I thought for that price it was worth a shot at buying a few boxes. Obviously since the price point is so low, the catch is the better autographs are super SP'd so odds are you're going to get a ton of autos from average major leaguers from the past, but still to me it was worth a shot. The checklist is super small (50 cards) so expect a ton of duplicates the more boxes you buy. So how  did I do? Here's my break

Black and White Parallels
Francisco Lindor
Andrew Benintendi
Dansby Swanson
Orlando Arcia


Gold Border Parallel

Ryon Healy (#10/10)

Autographs
Ryon Healy (#84/350)
Wally Moon (#270/350)
Mark Mulder (#91/265)
Mark Langston (#117/346)

Overall Thoughts: Well, this is probably what a majority of breaks look like just interchange guys like Wally Moon/Mulder/Langston with guys like Cleon Jones and Carlos Baerga. Honestly I'm not even that upset about the mediocre autographs because I'd rather have autographs of guys who had some kind of success in the majors over unknown prospects who may never sniff the majors any day of the week. It would've been nice to pull a big monster, but the odds are overwhelmingly slim. I did pull a gold border but of Ryon Healy. That would been nice to pull a better player since those cards are hand numbered out of 10. Benintendi was my best Black and White Parallel and like I said expect duplicates with such a small checklist. It wasn't too bad considering, but I did pull 3 Altuve base cards. No Judges unfortunately. Honestly I think 4 boxes is a good number of boxes to open personally because this is basically a no frills small set with little variety so I could see this becoming a super boring break after a while. Definitely worth a shot at $25 to try out. Here's pics of the cards.

 
 

 
 
 


Top 5 Pulls of 2017 
#1 2017 Topps Chrome Aaron Judge Autograph RC
#2 2016-17 Panini Revolution Galactics DeJounte Murray RC
#3- 2016 Donruss Optic Superfractor Cam Newton (#1/1) 
#4- 2017 Bowman Platinum Platinum Cuts Gleyber Torres Autograph (#14/25)  
#5- 2017 Topps Tier Prodigious Patches Platinum Eric Hosmer (#1/1)


1 comment:

  1. Nice break. 4 solid autographs... that I might actually chase down eventually.

    ReplyDelete