Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Box Breaks: 1 Hobby Box of 2017 Topps Then Now & Forever

 
So, initially I was going to save this for my cardfest, but I went ahead and ripped it last night since I'll have PLENTY of boxes to open for that. I go into this break knowing full well how boring and bland they can be. I've commented on that before. The chance at Triple H on card autos and triple auto cards of Undertaker/Brock/Goldberg though for under $50 makes it worth the hassle to speak but you are guaranteed one auto hit a box. So how did I do? Here's my break!

Bronze (1:2)
Mr. Perfect
Abbey Laith
Alundra Blayze
Brie Bella
Charlotte Flair
Tyler Breeze
Lana
Roman Reigns
Golddust
Kurt Angle
Daniel Bryan
Jimmy Uso

Silver
Lana (#7/25)

Shirt Relic Blue Parallel
JoJo (#7/50)

Triple Auto
Bray Wyatt/Randy Orton/Luke Harper (#5/10)

Overall Thoughts: And THIS is why I take shots at WWE product! The triple auto is a hell of a hit and actually sells pretty well (last one sold for $135) but this is for the PC as I don't have a Randy Orton autograph (nor Bray Wyatt for that matter) in my collection. The other hit was pretty much a waste (JoJo is the ring announcer for Smackdown) and like clockwork it was a VERY boring break. I didn't even bother listing the Finishing Moves insert set (which is a cool little set) because you get two a pack. The only other inserts besides parallels are John Cena Tribute cards which are 1:6 packs. There's just really nothing exciting to chase outside of the autographs and makes for a very dull break. I do like that fact that just like Series 1, I was able to complete a set of this with one box. Not one repeat in the box, which with collation issues I've had with Panini products (and some Topps products too) is a breath of fresh air. I just wish there was some kind of cool looking rare insert set to chase outside of parallels, but alas, it is what it is. The Triple Auto was a super awesome hit (it's basically a borderline Top 5 hit for me this year) but this was always going to be a one and done box for me. No way I could open another box of this. I've had my fix. Here's pics of the cards.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Top 5 Pulls of 2017 
#1 2017 Topps Chrome Aaron Judge Autograph RC
#2 2016-17 Panini Revolution Galactics DeJounte Murray RC 
#3 2017-18 Hoops Rookie Autographs Red Parallel Kyle Kuzma (#17/25)
#4- 2016 Donruss Optic Superfractor Cam Newton (#1/1) 
#5- 2017 Bowman Platinum Platinum Cuts Gleyber Torres Autograph (#14/25) 


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling the triple autograph. You've had some pretty amazing pulls this year if this one can't find its way into your Top 5.

    ReplyDelete