Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection #11 1989 Perez-Steele Post Cards Mickey Mantle Autograph PSA/DNA Certified

It's not technically a card (though it is a postCARD, so technically it's a variation of a card) and since it's the my top 100 favorite cards of my collection (not specifically trading cards, loophole!!!) I feel like it's warranted to be included in my countdown. Oh yeah, and it's a PSA/DNA certified autograph of one of the greatest Yankees ever to play the game, Mickey Mantle. Yeah, that last part, put it over the top for sure. The postcards are numbered to 10,000 (Mine being 9,382), and on the front is nice Mickey Mantle artwork by renowned sports artist Dick Perez. But it's the nice large legible on card autograph of Mickey Mantle that shoots this in the #11 slot. The only reason, and a minor nitpick, is of course it's a not a certified autograph by a major card company, but PSA/DNA is pretty reputable when it comes to authenticating autographs. So for this postcard, I think it was OK to make an exception to the rule!

1 comment: