Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection #40 Famous Fabrics Idolize Wayne Gretzky/Gordie Howe Dual Gloves

The only Famous Fabrics card that cracked my countdown. I've stated before in previous posts that Famous Fabrics is one of those controversial brands that you either love or hate. I understand both sides of the argument, but I'm actually on the side that loves this brand. Dr. Brian Price caused a stir with this product as, because of the expensiveness of likenesses of athletes and leagues, he created a pretty generic set design with no pictures, logos, team names, anything, just the memorabilia and the name of the athlete the memorabilia depicts. Hardcore sports fans HATE this idea, and really hate the way the  cards are done. As a collector I understand that, but I also look at the quality of the memorabilia being used, and Famous Fabrics has some pretty nice swatches out there and you can get them at a relatively good price to the unlicensed nature of the product. The card here at #40 is a dual glove card featuring Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe, two of the greatest hockey players ever to play the game. The swatches are very nice and big, a contrast to the small windows you get on the majority of any of the major companies memorabilia card. There's only 9 copies of this particular card (mine is #2/9) as well.  Famous Fabrics isn't for everybody, but for me personally it definitely works in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment