Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Cardfest Day 4 Breaks!

So once again, time is not on my side, as I have more Christmas Shopping to do, plus tomorrow, my best friend is coming down so we'll spend the day hanging out. I'm going to do my best to at least knock out one product this weekend and it's going to be this one...


2016 Donruss Optic Football Collector Boxes
 
Yep, 12 boxes of Optic Football. Now this gets damped two fold, as Carson Wentz, who was having an unbelievable MVP type season tore his ACL last Sunday, and he's the main draw of the product, and the dreaded...PANINI POINTS..which seem to pop up frequently in these. I'm going to do my best to knock this out today, but 12 boxes is a ton! So let's not waste any time and get started!



Notable RC's Jared Goff (x2)
Michael Thomas (x2)
Jordan Howard (x2)
Sterling Shepard
Joey Bosa (x3)
Alex Collins (x3)
Carson Wentz (x3)
Myles Jack (x2)
Laquon Treadwell
Hunter Henry
Tyreek Hill

Silver Holo Prizm
Jameis Winston
Victor Cruz (x2)
T.J. Green RC
Shilque Calhoun
DeAndre Hopkins
Kenny Clark RC
Kirk Cousins
Eli Apple RC (x2)
Vernon Butler RC (x2)
Ryan Tannehill
Kelvin Taylor RC (x2)
Jonathan Stewart
Paul Perkins RC
Aaron Rodgers (x2)
Doug Martin
Roberto Aguayo RC
Emmanuel Sanders
Mackensie Alexander RC
Trevor Davis RC
Torrey Smith
KeiVarre Russell RC
Sammy Watkins (x2)
Bronson Kaufusi RC
Tavon Austin
Darron Lee RC
Cody Kessler RC
Jordan Matthews
Devontae Booker RC
Eric Murray RC (x2)
DeMarco Murray
Randall Cobb
Jihad Ward RC (x2)
Sam Bradford
Sean Davis RC
Jordan Reed
Reggie Ragland RC
Malcolm Mitchell RC
Josh Doctson RC

Aqua Holo Prizm
Jonathan Williams RC (#127/299)
Nate Sudfeld RC (#209/299)
Torrey Smith (#166/299)
Stefon Diggs (#50/299)


Orange Holo Prizm

Nate Sudfeld RC (#32/199)
Austin Johnson RC (#150/199)
Melvin Gordon (#161/199)

Blue Holo Prizm
Emmanuel Sanders (#101/149)
Jameis Winston (#79/149)

Red Holo Prizm
Derrick Henry RC (#95/99)


Bronze Holo Prizm

Corey Coleman RC
Kendall Fuller RC
Nate Sudfeld RC
Cody Kessler RC
Jonathan Williams RC
DeMarcus Robinson RC
Sheldon Rankins

The Rookies
Ezekiel Elliott


The Rookies Blue Holo

Paxton Lynch (#6/149)


Donruss Threads

Brandin Cooks
Geno Atkins

Rookie Threads Bronze
Kenneth Dixon
Wendell Smallwood
Paxton Lynch
Trevor Davis
Braxton Miller
Cardale Jones
DeMarcus Robinson

Rookie Signatures Bronze
Devontae Booker (x3)
Christian Hackenberg
Cody Core
Rashard Higgins
Keenan Reynolds
Rashard Higgins

250 Panini Points
400 Panini Points

Overall Thoughts; Well, this break just got off the wrong foot off the bat and never recovered. First of all, I noticed two of the boxes I had bought didn't have the Panini Shrink Wrap. I called customer service to explain that I believed I was sent searched boxes. I took pics of the boxes in question and they told me to go ahead on open the boxes up to confirm and sure enough, all the packs  were open and had baseball cards in them. Very disappointing. To Steel City Collectibles credit, they were prompt in responding and offered either a refund for the two boxes or replacement boxes, I took the replacement boxes. I've worked retail back in the day so I understand mistakes happen. I'm sure they sold a ton of these over Black Friday, and since they get this from unsold inventory from retailers like Target, I'm sure some picked over boxes get missed here and there. At the end of the day, they made things right and that's what matters. So the 12 box break turned into a 10 box break and right off the bat, the first two boxes...PANINI POINTS. Ugh, you know how much I hate them. I wouldn't get anymore Panini Points after that, but the hits were beyond awful for the most part. The good news, 7 out of my 8 rookie autos were on card...the bad news?  They were all of lesser players anyways, and I got 3 Devontae Bookers out of 10 boxes. Blah. I pulled 3 Wentz Base Rookies, but no great parallels, all the bronze parallels were of scrub rookies. Very underwhelming break to say the least. Like I said with retail, that's the risk you take opening this stuff. I'll should be getting the additional 2 boxes sometime next week and I'll open those when I get them. That's all I was able to open for the day and it was a total opposite experience from yesterday's Optic Basketball break. Pics of the hits

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Steel City took care of you. Hopefully there's a Wentz auto sitting in on of the replacement boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not greedy..they can throw a Zeke my way too lol

      Delete