Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Day 2 Cardfest Breaks!

Now that we've gotten the ball rollin, let's keep on goin! Now I'm going to be honest, I don't expect a ton of ripping today. My focus today is on the Fantasy Football Playoffs, as I made the playoffs in both leagues so I'll be scoreboard watching most of the afternoon, but I'll do my best to rip a box or two during commercials and such. Let's hope for a good Day 2!


12-13 Prizm Retail Basketball
 
Here's what we'll start today off with. This is pretty much a lottery ticket as it's loose retail packs, so the odds are, this could be a bust. Worst case scenario, I'm hoping for at least base rookie cards of some of top stars from this class (Anthony Davis, Kyrie, Kawhi, Klay, Draymond, Etc.)

Notable Rookies Chandler Parsons
Harrison Barnes
Reggie Jackson


Finalists

Mario Chalmers


Downtown Bound

Dwyane Wade (X3)
Jeremy Lin

Green Prizms
Tim Hardaway
Andrew Bynum
Brendan Haywood

Overall Thoughts: This is exactly why Retail is such a crapshoot. This was a pure gamble and it didn't pay off in the least. Harrison Barnes is basically the best rookie I pulled and the Green Prizms were mediocre. Pulled 3 of the same Dwyane Wade insert as well! Ugh! Oh well, knew it was going to have the potential to be a bloodbath going in. Here's pics of the cards




2016-17 Donruss Optic Basketball Hanger Packs
 
All these Optic/Prizm Retail Breaks will be purely gambles, just hoping to pull a shot at a nice Ben Simmons Rookie Parallel. Odds are it won't happen, so this next few breaks might be terribly underwhelming. So up next are these Hanger Packs. Here's hoping for something decent!


Notable Base RC's Marquese Chriss
Dejounte Murray (x2)
Ben Simmons
Jamal Murray

Silver Holo
Mindaugas Kuzminskas RC
Kay Felder RC
Kenneth Faried
Malachi Richardson RC
Kevin Durant
Jordan Clarkson
Alex Len

Purple Holo
Joel Bolomboy RC


Checkerboard

Joakim Noah

Hall Kings
Bernard King
Shaquille O'Neal
Ralph Sampson

Hall Kings Silver Holo
James Worthy
Bob McAdoo

Court Kings
Gordon Heyward
DeMarcus Cousins
Derrick Rose

Court Kings Purple Holo
Gordon Hayward

Court Kings Orange Holo
Isaiah Thomas (#166/199)
John Wall (#165/199)

Court Kings Pink Holo
Andrew Wiggins (#15/25)

Rookie Kings
Thon Maker
Dejounte Murray
Brandon Ingram


Rookie Kings Holo

Kris Dunn

Signature Series Purple Autographs
Mike Muscala

Rookie Autographs Pink Holo
Timothy Luwawu-Cabarrot (#12/25)

Overall Thoughts: Well, nothing big, got a Simmons Base RC, which is my first, so happy about that. Pulled a Pink Auto Rookie to #25 but the wrong name. Here's a case where this was basically the same price as a Hobby Box, and instead of 1 auto like in Hobby, I got 2. Granted the autos weren't too desirable, it was still an overall fun break despite not really getting much value in return. Since I've already opened up Optic, I'm only going to showcase the top hits of the break.

 

2017 Prizm Football Target Exclusive Box
 
So originally, I was going to open all of Optic together, but there's no way I have time to open 10 blasters, so I'll go with these two Prizm Football boxes instead. It's only 10 packs combined with 4 cards per pack. Hoping to not get hit with points and pull 2 Pink Prizm Autos and 2 Pink Memorabilia Cards. Here's what I got!

Hall of Fame Insert Troy Aikman
Roger Staubach

Pink Prizms
Carlos Hyde
Von Miller
Shelton Gibson RC
DeMarco Murray
Matthew Dayes RC
Ben Roethlisberger


Premier Jerseys Pink Prizm

Josh Reynolds
D'onta Foreman


Rookie Autographs Pink Prizm

Dede Westbrook
Taywan Taylor

Overall Thoughts: Well I avoided Panini Points, which is always a plus. Seriously, I'd rather just hit a scrub auto than hit those things. This was a fun little break. Prizm isn't nearly as popular in football as it in basketball, but it's still a nice product and I absolutely love the look of the Pink Prizms and also the Hall of Fame Prizm insert set. It was cool pulling two Cowboys legends in Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach. As far the hits, the Dede Westbrook isn't a bad auto to hit (actually had a great game today) and the jerseys aren't too shabby. Nothing earth shattering, but fun nonetheless. Here's pic of the cards.

 
 

Overall Day 2 Thoughts: So we're slowly getting into the better portion of the breaks, but still we're in the retail portion, so expectations have to be tempered. I didn't pull anything mind blowing, but other than the first break of the day with 12-13 Prizm, I had a blast with the Optic hangers, and the Prizm Target boxes were fun as well. Work keeps me busy during the week, so I doubt I'll be opening anything else until Friday at the earliest. All in all though the drama and suspense of seeing what comes out of these packs is what makes it so much fun. If I open more stuff before Friday, I'll definitely post it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment