Pages

Friday, December 22, 2017

Cardfest Day 9 Breaks!

We are now entering the 3rd week of what was originally intended to be a one sitting event and I'm not even CLOSE to being finished, which is good to me because it means more fun still awaits. So even though I'm off from work the next 4 days, it's also Christmas weekend, so I still might not have as much time as I want to open stuff. I'm going to take advantage of tonight and start rippin! Here's what's up first


15-16 Prizm Basketball Value Packs
 
Alright so this is once again an example of a high risk high reward product. There's really no in between. You either hit a nice rookie parallel and hit BIG or it's a bloodbath. It was definitely worth a shot at the price they were at and I have 17 of these packs (which have 3 packs a piece plus a 3 card Red, White, and Blue Bonus pack) so I'm hoping to get at least one decent rookie parallel, but since it's retail, the odds of a bloodbath are high. Let's hope for the best! Here's what I got!

Notable Base RC's Kristaps Porzingis
Nikola Jokic

Silver Prizm
James Harden
Tyson Chandler
Omer Asik
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Jason Williams
Larry Bird
David West
Kyle Korver
LeBron James
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Bojan Bogdanovic
Mason Plumlee
Tristan Thompson
Jeremy Lin
Branden Dawson RC
J.J. Redick
Kevin Durant
Willie Cauley Stein RC
Jared Sullinger




Green Prizm
Dwyane Wade
Frank Kaminksy RC
Mike Conley
Chris Paul All NBA
Klay Thompson All Star
Russell Westbrook
Jimmy Butler All Star
Tiago Splitter
Andrew Bogut All NBA
Shane Larkin



RWB Prizm

James Harden All NBA
Andre Drummond
Ersan Ilyasova (x2)
Darrun Hilliard RC
Kosta Koufos
Carl Landry
DeMarcus Cousins All NBA
Jonas Valanciunas
Wesley Johnson
LeBron James All Star
Chris Kaman
Courtney Lee
KRISTAPS PORZINGIS RC
Jahlil Okafor RC
Lou Williams
Omer Asik
Dante Exum
Jae Crowder
Michael Carter-Williams
Ricky Rubio
Amir Johnson
Stephen Curry All Star
Victor Olidipo (x2)
Hollis Thompson (x2)
Anthony Davis All NBA
Evan Turner
Amare Stoudemire
Ryan Boatright RC
Mark Jackson
Khris Middleton
Anthony Davis (x2)
Reggie Jackson (x2)
Marc Gasol
Alonzo Mourning
Nemanja Bjelica RC
Steven Adams
Pau Gasol All Star
Ben McLemore
Clyde Drexler
Paul George
RJ Hunter RC
Marco Belinelli
Klay Thompson
Tony Allen All NBA
Kevin McHale
Andre Roberson

Overall Thoughts: Well I was wrong..you can have a middle of the pack break. This wasn't a bloodbath at all, but there wasn't a super huge hit either, however there was a pretty nice hit. In fact, as of now it's the 2nd best of Cardfest behind the Simmons Silver Holo Optic Rookie. I pulled a Porzingis Red White and Blue Prizm Parallel out of one of the bonus packs so I'm super excited about that! Looking for a purely financial standpoint, I still basically got destroyed even with that hit, but it's not always about money. This was a fun break because I LOVE prizm parallels and as long as get superstars I'm happy and boy did I. I hit prizms of Lebron, Durant, Russ, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson just to name a few. Also pulled a Zinger base rookie card which  I was super surprised I didn't have so that's going to the PC as well. All in all it was worth the gamble and at least I have one nice card to show for it! Here's a pic of the  Zinger! That will do it for tonight's break!


No comments:

Post a Comment