Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#52 96-97 Skybox Z-Force Big Men On The Court Z-Peat Anfernee Hardaway

So what's the card that was so good I had to bump a dual tag patch off the countdown to make room for it?? The card to your right has only been in my collection for a few days, but I can safely say it's definitely one of my favorite cards in my collection. If you follow my blog, you know I LOVE 90's inserts, and this set is one of the main reasons why. The 96-97 version of Big Men On The Court is probably along with the 92-93 Stadium Club Beam Team my favorite insert ever. I love the design and the die cut of the set and it was pretty hard to pull as it was 1 out of 240 packs. I used to own the Grant Hill, but I had to sell it last year to fund a big purchase. The Penny Hardaway though, that's the one I've been wanting forever and would've been thrilled with the original version. But I was able to do one better...see this is the extra foiled Z-Peat version which is just a tad harder to pull at a super tough 1:1,120 packs! That's not a typo!! This is definitely the gem of my Penny Hardaway insert card collection and there was no way I wasn't putting this on my countdown. Sorry Mailman, Sorry Gasol, it wasn't personal...well I guess when you think about it, it actually was!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Crap!!! That card is sweet. I have the base version, but the Z-Peat version is awesome. You have one hell of a collection!!!

    And I'm with you on that Beam Team set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... first thing that popped into my head was that Charles would love this card. Great minds think alike ;-)

    Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete