Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#54 2004 Leaf Limited Monikers Stan Musial

Stan Musial has to be one of the most underrated Hall of Famers in Baseball. The stats are mind boggling. 3,630 hits (4th all-time) 475 home runs,  3 time MVP, 3 time World Series champion and if that's not enough a mind boggling record 24 all star appearances. The list of achievements goes on and on, but it feels like Musial gets overlooked as one of the greatest players of all time despite having the credentials to be regarded as one. I was more than happy to add this treasure to my collection years ago. This card does feature a sticker autograph, but in my opinion it doesn't really take away from the beauty of the card. Add a game used bat piece to the mix and you have yourself quite a dandy memorabilia/auto piece of Stan the Man. I definitely think Musial deserves all the respect in the world, and it's that respect that earns him card #54 in my top 100 countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment