Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#73 1981 Topps Joe Montana RC

Continuing our countdown to start off this week is yet another rookie card of a Hall of Famer. Even though it was before my time, I've seen "The Catch" a million times and it still makes me sick. I couldn't imagine seeing that live as Montana ripped the hearts of all Cowboy fans that day in the NFC Championship by finding Dwight Clark in the end zone. Montana is in the argument of best quarterback of all time. His numbers speak for themselves and his Super Bowl wins are just icing on the cake on his Hall of Fame resume. I was lucky enough really not to hate Joe Montana too much since i was very young while he was in his prime, and we were not too good in the 80's. I still appreciate what he did for the game and Montana to Rice is one of the greatest QB/WR combos ever. Montana's rookie card is definitely one of those "must own" rookie cards and I'm lucky enough to own one.

No comments:

Post a Comment