Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#79 1986 Topps Jerry Rice RC

What better way to enter the 70's than the rookie card of the greatest wide receiver in NFL history? Jerry Rice has basically every receiving record out there and one of the most decorated players to ever play the game. Whether it was Montana, Young, Garcia, Gannon or whoever was QB, Rice had the ability to make them look like a million bucks. A 13 time pro bowler, 3 time Super Bowl Champion, and named the #1 greatest football player of all time by NFL Films, and also a Hall of Fame inductee in 2010. What makes Jerry Rice special to me, is I was there at his induction last year in Canton, when he and Emmitt Smith headlined an unbelievable class. I had the honor of meeting Jerry at an autograph signing there and he was so nice and down to earth, a really awesome guy on and off the field. He's definitely a guy i hated playing when the Boys and 49ers squared off, but a player I really respected, especially after he retired and you look at his mind-boggling stats. This is his rookie card from 1986 Topps, and it's a no-brainer that it is definitely up there as one of my favorite cards in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment