Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#77 2002 Upper Deck World Series Heroes Classic Matchups Honus Wagner Pants

I think most collectors think one thing when it comes to Honus Wagner, his famous T206 baseball card. Wagner, though is also widely considered not only the best player of the deadball era but perhaps the best shortstop to ever play the game. Wagner was part of the inaugural class for the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1936. Wagner is definitely a prominent figure in baseball's storied history. I love collecting game used memorabilia cards of hall of famers especially of guys who played in the early 1900's so it was a treat when Upper Deck was able to come out with a card that featured a piece of game used Honus Wagner pants. I perfer early 2000s game used over today's just
because of the overproduction of today's game used cards.
I was able to also pick up this card cheaper than usual because
of the low grade it received. Since I'm a collector first, I had no
problems buying this card since it's likely to be a permanent fixture
in my collection. This is also one of those cards where 10 to 15 years ago
I would've never been able to imagine that would one be made much less an affordable
copy. Definitely a sweet game used card of one the the game's greatest legends.

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes... this card is number 77? You have one amazing collection! Keep em' comin'!

    ReplyDelete