Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection-#74 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson RC

I don't have a lot of vintage, especially pre 1970's but like I said earlier, I really would love to start adding more to my collection. I'm beginning to realize that something as simple as the card to the right can be just as awesome as any game used auto patch of the next "chosen one". I think I'd rather hedge my bets on a rookie card of a proven Hall of Famer, one who always thrived in the most important games of his career (thus the nickname Mr.October). A multiple time champion, a member of the prestigious 500 home run club, a true superstar in every sense of the word. It's just a simple non action shot of a young Reggie Jackson, but it marks the beginning of a controversial, successful ride. Yeah, sometimes a card doesn't need all the bells and whistles today's cards enjoy. Sometimes simplicity is elegant and desirable enough.

3 comments:

  1. I've gone back and forth on vintage cards... sometimes I love them... and other times I prefer newer cards like autographs and jerseys. However... looking at this Jackson rookie card makes my decision for today easy... vintage cards ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great card. I'd love to buy a graded one like yours, but I just have too many collections going right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm pretty much the same, I used to always go for the newer stuff first, I just recently started buying more vintage and it's definitely a change, and I actually prefer having them lower graded just because they're affordable, like the Jackson ran me about 50 bucks if I call.

    ReplyDelete