Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Figure Spotlight: Upper Deck Michael Jordan Pro Shots

After Mattel totally flopped with their MJ figures, it seemed like the chances of quality Jordan figures being produced were slim to none. I'm guessing the costs of McFarlane to acquire the MJ License was way more than they were willing to spend so we'd never see a Sportspicks figure of him. Upper Deck did however in 2008 come up with MJ Figures. Called Pro Shots, Upper Deck made figures of some of Michael Jordan's most memorable moments of his career. I don't know everything about this set. I do know there were home/away versions produced for Retail/Hobby. I'm guessing I have the Retail versions because the 3 I have came from Champs Sports I believe. I think the only I'm missing is the Jordan Reverse Layup figure against the Lakers. I could be wrong though. I do have the 85 dunk contest, 88 Dunk Contest, and 97 Finals Last Shot. I love these figures. The detail is amazing down to the shoes MJ wore in that era. My favorite has to be the 85 Dunk Contest one pictured above. I love the old school Chicago Bulls jerseys with the cursive lettering. Definitely cool. Here's a closeup of that one, followed by the other two I own. Better than nothing, I say!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice figures. I've seen these around, but nobody ever has these in their clearance bins. But I'll keep searching... maybe one day I'll track one down for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really I'll keep searching...maybe one day I'll track one down for my collection.I will try this. Exchange Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice figures.I like it & i love this game. Exchange Place

    ReplyDelete