Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

Box Breaks: 3 Boxes of 2017 Donruss Optic Baseball

 
So I did something I normally don't do with hot products. I bit the bullet and overpaid for these boxes. Granted at $110, it's still cheaper than most online retailers, but had I just pre ordered these at $75 a box I would've probably ordered a few more boxes at that price. I got scared off by the "allocation" scare. Made it sound like I wouldn't get my order if I had ordered and that mistake cost me big time. I still wanted to bust some of this regardless so I bought 3 boxes and hoped for the best. Here's what I got.

Box 1

Aaron Judge Base RC

Mike Trout "MVP" Variation

Holo Prizm
Aaron Judge
Daniel Murphy
Maikel Franco
Kyle Schwarber
Yoan Moncada
Carlos Gonzalez
Adalberto Mejia
Christian Yelich
Braden Shipley
Alex Reyes
Freddie Freeman
Freddie Freeman Diamond Kings
Christian Yelich Diamond Kings
Maikel Franco Diamond Kings
Anthony Rizzo Diamond Kings
Noah Syndergaard Diamond Kings


Dominator

Kyle Hendricks


The Elite Series

Chris Sale

All Stars
Salvador Perez


The Prospects

Clint Frazier

Aqua Prizm
Christian Yelich (#220/299)
Madison Bumgarner (#96/299)
Giancarlo Stanton (#50/299)

Masters Of The Game
Lou Brock

Masters of The Game Red Prizm
Lou Brock (#38/99)

Studio Signatures
Willson Contreras

Rated Rookie Signatures Holo
Alex Reyes (#26/150)

Box 2


Cody Bellinger Base RC

Corey Seager "ROY" Variation

Holo Prizm
Yasmany Tomas
Raimel Tapia
Marcus Semian
Albert Pujols
Cody Bellinger
Ryne Sandberg
Andrew Benintendi
Jose Bautista
Jake Thompson
Joe Musgrove
Yoenis Cespedes
Chris Sale Diamond Kings
Mickey Mantle Diamond Kings
Justin Verlander Diamond Kings
Wil Myers Diamond Kings
Khris Daivs Diamond Kings

The Prospects
Victor Robles

Dominator
Brian Dozier

Masters Of The Game
George Brett

All Stars
Aledmys Diaz

Aqua Prizm
Kris Bryant (#149/299)
Dansby Swanson (#291/299)

Orange Prizm
Andrew Benintendi (#9/199)


All Stars Red Prizm

Jose Altuve (#70/99)

Rated Rookie Signatures
Yahander Mendez


Rated Rookie Signatures Red Prizm

Joe Musgrove (#30/50)

Box 3

Aaron Judge Base RC
Anthony Rizzo "Rizz" Variation

Holo Prizm
Edwin Encarnacion
Carson Fulmer
Gavin Cecchini
Gregory Polanco
Magneuris Sierra
Giancarlo Stanton
Jose DeLeon
Nick Markakis
Tyler Glasnow
Todd Frazier
Kevin Kiermaier
Wil Myers Diamond Kings
Justin Verlander Diamond Kings
Mike Trout Diamond Kings
Dexter Fowler Diamond Kings
Mickey Mantle Diamond Kings

The Prospects
Anderson Espinoza

All Stars
Chris Sale

Masters Of The Game
Mike Piazza


Dominator

Max Scherzer


The Elite Series

Kris Bryant

Aqua Prizm
Madison Bumgarner (#105/299)
Christian Yelich (#236/299)
Giancarlo Stanton (#252/299)


All Stars Gold Prizm

Marcell Ozuna (#6/10)

Optic Signatures
Ivan Nova

Rated Rookies Autographs Blue Prizm
Alex Bregman (#11/35)

Overall Thoughts: Yeah..as far as hits go..this wasn't that great. This would look much more nicer at $75 a box, but at $110? Yeah I got destroyed. Regardless, I still love the cards and inserts and I did pull 3 Judges and 2 Bellinger's so not too bad on that front. Obviously for some, airbrushed unis are a turnoff. It doesn't bother me much. The Bregman is a pretty cool looking on card autograph, and I pulled a Gold Prizm, just wish it was of a better player. I'll probably end up moving that on Ebay. My only minor gripe is of course....COLLATION. How in the hell am I getting doubles of Aqua Prizms in just 3 boxes?! At least one of the doubles was of Giancarlo Stanton but still. Anyways, like a lot of baseball hobby boxes, I can't recommend this at it's current price (anywhere from $110-$134) it just can't deliver enough value at that price. Maybe try some blasters, or go the EBay route and pick up some singles. I hope Allen & Ginter treats me better this weekend. Here's pics of the cards.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Top 5 Pulls of 2017 
#1- 2016 Donruss Optic Superfractor Cam Newton (#1/1)
#2- 2017 Bowman Platinum Platinum Cuts Gleyber Torres Autograph (#14/25)  
#3- 2017 Topps Tier Prodigious Patches Platinum Eric Hosmer (#1/1)
#4- 2017 Bowman Platinum Autographs Gleyber Torres Green Parallel (#16/75)  
#5- 2017 Topps Heritage 1968 Topps Game Rookies Aaron Judge


1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of Panini baseball products, but I got to admit... Optic offers a lot of shine for your buck.

    ReplyDelete