Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Mailday Time!

Time to show off my most recent pickups from Ebay!

1998-99 Topps Chrome Dirk Nowitzki RC PSA 9

A card that I've never owned before, even in raw form. I love Chrome and though I wish I could pick up a refractor easily, (they go for big bucks) I'll settle for the base Chrome for now.

16-17 Panini Noir Jumbo Materials Karl Anthony Towns (#14/25)

This is one of the cards where the pic simply doesn't do it justice. This card is BEAUTIFUL in hand. Everything about it works, the design, the large patch. Such a great looking card. Don't have too many KAT cards in my collection but this is probably my favorite one now.

1997 Flair Showcase Hot Hands Emmitt Smith BGS 9

To me 90's football inserts don't nearly the love as their baseball and basketball counterparts. For example this Hot Hands insert seems like the football version of the Hot Shots insert in basketball which stars in that set go for pretty good money? This Emmitt? 7 bucks shipped. Pretty cool card for a pretty great price!

2017 Topps Definitive Carlos Correa Mother's Day Patch (#24/30)

 I really love Topps Definitive and I'd love to add more cards from this product in the future. This basically has everything going for it. A large jumbo patch (seems to be the letter A to me) from a special event game (Mother's Day) and it's also MLB authenticated. My favorite relics are those that are tied back to actual games, that way you know in THEORY, your relic card is legit. I don't understand why Topps and Panini can't do this to ALL of their relic cards. Just a cool looking card.

2017 Immaculate Dual Patches Albert Pujols/Mike Trout (#10/10)

I know I know..no logos, but this combo was too good to pass up and I really like how the  card looks itself. Panini's non licensed baseball products may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I don't mind them all that much.

2017 Topps Archives Fan Favorites Autographs Peach Andrew Benintendi BGS 9 (#29/150)

There's just something about retro designs and up and coming rookies that draws me in. This is such a cool looking card and I wanted to get at least one Benny auto into my collection. For me, I couldn't have asked for a better one. Being a peach parallel doesn't hurt one bit!

Topps Definitive Craig Biggio/Jose Altuve Dual Relic/Auto (#28/35)

I saw this and made it a point to win it. How can you go wrong? Biggio is one of the Astros biggest icons and Altuve is currently a front runner for MVP honors this season as the Astros try to make their 2nd ever World Series and win their 1st. On Card Autographs of both guys, a nice design, definitely up there as one of my favorite pickups of the year.




2 comments:

  1. Love that Altuve/Biggio! I'll be pulling for them in the playoffs for sure. As for Dirk, I found my stash of rookie cards and decided to see what his rookies sold for. Originally I was going to list them on eBay, but was shocked at how low some of them go for. I'll hold onto them until he makes the HOF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah unless it's certain high graded rookies (Chrome Base 10's go for INSANE amounts, as do refractors) most of his stuff sells relative low to a player of his caliber. I love it though since I can pick up some stuff at good prices!

      Delete