Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Topps Now Maildays: Houston Astros Edition

So now that I have officially received all my Astros Topps Now cards, I'm ready to show them all off! I showed off the Bregman Auto in an earlier Post, but I bought a ton of Astros stuff since this particular Astros team is a little bit more special me than usual. I typically really don't have a baseball team that I'm a hardcore fan of, but our local AA team, the Corpus Christi Hooks, is the AA Affiliate of the Astros, so a lot of the key players that helped the Astros win their first ever World Series came through Corpus Christi at one time or another (including Jose Altuve, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Alex Bregman and a host of others). I just think that's pretty cool that Corpus Christi played a small part in the success of the Astros winning it all. The first thing I'll show off is the Postseason Set. I got the Autograph edition, which to me was another no brainer, because the only two autograph subjects were Altuve or Correa. Plus for every series the Astros won, you got a bonus card so the 15 card set ended turning into a 19 card set plus the autograph (got two different World Series bonus cards). Here's the regular set








Now I would've been excited about either Altuve or Correa for my autograph. I ended up being pleasantly surprised with this


I didn't just get an Altuve..I got the purple parallel numbered to 25!! Totally awesome that I just didn't get the base auto!

So the next card I picked up was from the ALDS series

I had to get this Altuve auto commemorating his 3 home run game in Game one of the ALDS against the Red Sox! I decided to stick with the regular one numbered to 99, knowing I'd probably be buying a crap ton more stuff lol.

So my next purchase was a card from the ALCS against the Yankees

 
The Astros-Yankees series was A CLASSIC and was full of drama and excitement. This card commemorates that awesome game 2 victory where Correa hit an RBI double to seal the game. Comes with a piece of base from the game too.

Now we turn to the World Series which I ended up with 4 cards. I'll go in order of the games, though I didn't receive them in the same order. The first one is  DOOZY


This beauty is from Game 2 of the World Series against the Dodgers, when Altuve and Correa hit back to back homers in the 10th inning of an 11 inning game the Astros eventually won. I was NOT expecting such an awesome base piece. That thing is GORGEOUS. It's one of my favorite cards of my entire collection. Just an amazing piece of history. So glad I bought this card.

The Bregman Auto from Game 5 I've already shown off but here it is again


I had to get something commemorating the clinching game and most of it was too rich for even my blood so I settled for this

A little bland, but it's still a piece of a game used base from the clinching Game 7 of the Astros first World Series title.

And to finish it off...this beauty

I would've LOVED the auto/base version of this but it was way too expensive so I decided to get this, which wasn't exactly cheap either but it's such a cool card. 3 of the bigger catalysts that drove the  World Series title. It would've been cool to have a quad auto with Springer, but I'm certainly not complaining, this is a beautiful card.

So there it is..my Topps Now Astros Postseason Haul! Such a great way to commemorate a great season!


2 comments:

  1. Love the Altuve & Correa dual autograph! Kinda want one for my Altuve PC, but I imagine they're probably pretty pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah buying directly from Topps is probably more pricier than waiting and trying to find one on Ebay, but for this card I just had to make sure I 100% got one and seeing the base piece I'm glad I did!

      Delete