Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection #14 2004 Playoff Prime Cuts MLB Icons Babe Ruth Jersey

It's one thing when I had an bat card that had an actual piece of a bat used by the immortal Babe Ruth, I mean I thought I would never top that in my collection. A piece of a jersey though?? No way, that would be way too out of my price range and would be a mere pipe dream to ever own such a treasure. Well, not so fast cause as you see, card #14 is indeed a Babe Ruth jersey card. This card is from Playoff's super high end Playoff Cuts brand, contains a swatch of a jersey worn by The Great Bambino himself. This card was my #1 card for a very long time, and there was a time I used to think there would be no way I could top it. Numbered to a mere 25 copies (mine is 13/25), the only thing that I can nitpick about this card is the size of the swatch. It's fairly small, but it's still a nice looking card and definitely was a white whale of mine that I was able to check off with a big grin on my face when I won it.

2 comments: