Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection #2 2001 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads Babe Ruth Jersey

We're down to the final two cards and yes here's a familiar face as this is the 3rd Babe Ruth card in the top 10 (4th in top 15). Ho Hum just another Babe Ruth jersey card right? No, not to me, this is my favorite Ruth jersey card out of all my Babe Ruth memorabilia cards because it's the oldest and also because of this
I always loved the older Donruss memorabilia cards because they show a picture of the actual jersey they cut up to put put in their cards. It's a lost art nowadays (hell, you don't even get what the swatch actually is a piece of anymore) and to me it makes older game used cards much more desirable than their modern day counterparts. That leaves one card left on the countdown, if Babe is #2 who could possibly be #1???? You'll find out soon as the countdown is very close to reaching it's finale!

1 comment: