Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Recent Pickups!

So thanks to the sale of my Kevin Durant Thunder Gamer I had a little bit of money to play with and was able to pick up a ton of nice stuff to beef up my card collection. I showed off my Brady on Monday but for the rest of the goods I'm splitting this up into two posts as not everything has come in yet, but here's what I got so far!

97-98 Skybox Premium Golden Touch Anfernee Hardaway

I love 90's inserts more and more by the day and this card is simply AWESOME. Love the design and of course the player.

1997 SPX Kobe Bryant

Nothing fancy here, but I love SPX and the 97 design is awesome. It's not technically a rookie card because of the way it was issued as a single year product, but it's still a great looking Kobe card!

98-99 UD Black Diamond Double Diamond RC Dirk Nowitzki (955/2500) PSA 9


To me Dirk Nowitzki is one of the most underappreciated players in NBA History. He gets overlooked by many, but he's definitely one of the best players and the best European player to ever play the game. Black Diamond has some slick looking rookie cards and this is not exception. It's serial numbered to 2500 copies (which was a LOW number at the time lol) and is also graded PSA 9 to boot. Definitely had to add this to my collection as the price was too good to pass up.

13-14 Elite Status Die Cut Gold Russell Westbrook (#22/24)

When I bought 5 boxes of this back in November, the Gold Status Die Cuts really stood out to me. I pulled Melo and Paul George. When I saw the Russ, there was no way I was going to let it slip past me.

98-99 E-X Century Dunk'N Go-Nuts Shaquille O'Neal

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS INSERT SET. I know it's hokey but I don't care, it's one of my favorite insert sets of all time. I used to own the Penny (and I miss it very much) and I'll get that back one day, but for now, I'll settle for the Shaq. Such a cool looking card. The 90's ruled so much

15-16 Flawless Patches Vince Carter (#8/10)

I was just drawn to this card. Vince is a favorite of mine and I typically don't buy memorabilia cards of guys I have game used jerseys of (I have a Vince Game Used Raptors jersey) but I just really liked the patch on this card and since it represents his current team, the Grizzlies, I decided to win it. Numbered to only 10 copies to boot!

13-14 Flawless Patches James Harden (#4/15)

Harden's having a hell of a season and is neck and neck with Russell Westbrook for MVP Honors. Another cool looking Flawless Patch that I had to have.

15-16 Select Gold Prizms Russell Westbrook (#10/10)


Don't really care about the Raw Grade, I bought it because it's A GOLD PRIZM OF RUSSELL WESTBROOK. Anytime I see Gold Prizm of Russ, I'm making at a run at it. It goes nice with my 15-16 Gold Prizm I have of too.

15-16 Immaculate Collection Jersey Numbers Patch LeBron James (#8/24)

Do I even need a reason why I wanted this card so bad? Giant friggin Patch!!

97-98 Skybox Premium Competitive Advantage Michael Jordan BGS 9.5

So yeah, I decided to splurge on a couple of 90's MJ's and yes they cost a pretty penny but they are TOTALLY worth it. Look at this beauty....such a great great card. Graded BGS 9.5 to boot. If I ever have extra money, I do my best to look for some Jordan's to enhance my collection.

93-94 Fleer Ultra Scoring Kings Michael Jordan BGS 8.5

This card has been alluding me for YEARS. I've ALWAYS wanted it and NEVER owned one..until now. I think I overpaid a tad, but hey sometimes you gotta do that with a card you want. Another one of my all time favorite cards made. The design is so great especially for a card made in the early 90's. How can't you not love this card???

So yeah..I think I did pretty good! I've got a few more pickups to show off but I'll save them for later this week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, how much did you get the Anfernee Hardaway Golden Touch? I have one but dont have any idea as to its value..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I paid around $70 for mine delivered

      Delete