Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

2 Boxes of 2018 Topps Tribute Baseball

 
Well..it's been a rough slump I've been in as far as breaking goes. I feel like ever since my Contenders/Select FOTL break where I killed it, it's been nothing but disappointment after disappointment and this weekend was no different as I got absolutely DESTROYED on my Optic stuff, retail and hobby. Now, Topps Tribute isn't exactly a safe break and there's a pretty solid chance the slump continues. I got these boxes when EBay had there 15% sale (damn you EBay!!!) so I got them for about $230 apiece. Last time I opened Tribute in 2016, I got the Alex Gordon Autograph Superfractor and Kris Bryant Milestone Ball numbered to 10 in the same box, so I have had past success. Hoping to replicate that today. Here's what I got

Box 1

Purple Rookie Parallel
Rafael Devers (#43/50)

Purple Parallel
Jimmie Foxx (#47/50)

Stamp Of Approval Jersey Green Parallel
Andrew Benintendi (#6/99)

Dual Relic
Luis Severino (#51/150)

Triple Relics
Giancarlo Stanton (#11/150)


Triple Relics Purple

Kris Bryant (#15/50)

Tribute Autographs
Dellin Betances (#116/199)

Tribute Autographs Green Parallel
Dustin Fowler (#18/99)

Tribute Tandems Book Card
Miguel Sano/Dave Winfield Redemption


Box 2


Green Parallel
Whitey Ford (#45/99)

Stamp Of Approval Jersey
Mariano Rivera (#62/150)


Dual Relics Purple Parallel

Alex Bregman (#33/50)

Triple Relics Green Parallel
Edgar Renteria (#08/99)

Tribute Autographs
Dustin Fowler (#33/199)

Tribute Autographs Blue Parallel
Danny Duffy (#71/150)

Iconic Perspectives Orange Parallel
Rod Carew (#22/25)

Overall Thoughts: As usual..a mean tease with the redemption (Ohtani is a redemption) and thought it's not too bad of a pull, it's still not enough to make the break worthwhile. The Carew card is nice and a difficult pull, but again, he's got a ton of autos out there, so I doubt it's worth month. The Devers was a nice rookie card to hit, though i big time overestimated the value of it (I tend to do that A LOT). I got an extra relic in Box 1 and honestly the names I pulled for relics were pretty strong..but they're relics...so they are worth much. the autos were terrible outside of the redemption and Carew. For it's high price, no way I probably covered even half the box costs. The cold streak continues....

 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018 
#1 2017-18 Panini Select Ben Simmons Green Prizm (#3/5)
#2 2017-18 Panini Select Rookie Autographs Neon Green Prizm Kyle Kuzma (#38/65)
#3 2017-18 Panini Contenders The Finals Ticket Rookie Autographs Markelle Fultz (#40/49) 
#4 2017-18 Donruss Optic Donovan Mitchell Rated Rookie Signatures Redemption
#5 2018 Topps Heritage Mike Trout Nickname Variaton (KIIIIID)

3 comments:

  1. Mighty Yankee-heavy pair of boxes with Santon, Severino, Betances, Winfield (although no doubt shown as a Twin), Rivera and Ford. Decent cards but, yeah, can't really justify the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..it's all about hitting a monster card otherwise although the cards are super nice they really aren't worth much

      Delete
  2. I like the on-card autographs... and the holograms they put on the Benintendi and Rivera relics. Always fun to type them into the computer and see how the players fared in the game.

    ReplyDelete