Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

April Pickups

Might as well do my April Pickups post, since tomorrow is the last day of the month and I won't be picking up any more singles thanks to a couple of HUGE wax pickups that I'll be getting in this week (I'll wait until I get them to reveal). So just like March, really only 2 singles pickups but one is a pretty big card and also got in two or my redemptions that were fulfilled. So here's what I got

2017-18 Panini Contenders Rookie Ticket Variation Rookie Autograph Josh Jackson (#14/75)
 
This was a redemption from the one of the really last great breaks I had. I'm always scared when it comes to redemptions (and with Panini I'm still waiting for a crapload to be redeemed) but I am definitely happy with the turnaround for this one. Jackson was kind of under the radar this year despite being the #3 overall pick, but because of the outstanding seasons of Jayson Tatum and Donovan Mitchell and other guys like Dennis Smith Jr., Lonzo Ball, and Markelle Fultz, it feels like no one really talked about Josh Jackson. He finished the season on a decent note, and this will be a decent card to hang on to in case he continues to improve into his 2nd season.

2017 Topps Definitive Framed Autographs Randy Johnson (#22/30)
 
Now this one took a while to come in after I got this in a group break late last year. It finally came in and the card is absolutely amazing! Love the gold frame around the card and sharp on card auto of The Big Unit. Well worth the wait!

 2017-18 Panini Optic Black Velocity Parallel Russell Westbrook (#29/39)
 
Black Velocity Parallels are some of the coolest parallels Optic has so I had to get one of my main man! It was a super disappointing season for OKC, as their "Big 3" weren't big enough to beat a hungrier and more complete team of a team in the Utah Jazz. Russ had an up and down series, but played his heart out in the last two games. Who knows what's in line for next season with Melo and PG but for now I'll still be enjoying picking up cool Westbrook cards like this one.

2011 Bowman Prospects Autographs Bryce Harper (BGS 9)
 
I've been wanting a Bryce Harper auto for a good while now and what better auto to add. It was pricey, but i had built up over $100 in Ebay bucks thanks to all their promotions so it wasn't tooo bad on the wallet. Very cool card and excited to add this to my collection.

Stay tuned later this week for my big wax pickup announcement!!

2 comments:

  1. Dang... you had over $100 in eBay bucks? That's hardcore homie. Nice pickups. I'm especially fond of that Randy Johnson autograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah all those 15% and 8% ebay bucks promotions really helped out

      Delete