Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2018

My BIG Wax Purchases!!

So earlier in the week I made reference to a couple of pretty HUGE wax purchases I was able to make last week. Well, now that I officially have them safe and sound, allow me to show them off!

2018 Bowman 12 Box Hobby Case
 
I had zero intentions of buying Bowman Hobby, in fact I had made a couple of orders online at Wal Mart to buy some blasters since Hobby was so ridiculously overprice. But then Topps decided to put a limited stock of hobby boxes on their website for $99.99 and they literally sold out in like a minute. Considering cases of this go for north of $1800, it was a HUGE deal to pick this up at the price it was at. Obviously the big pull os Ohtani but there's plenty of other nice young players like Rhys Hoskins, Ozzie Albies, Ronald Acuna etc to be had as well. At the price I got it for, it is definitely worth the price for a chance at an Ohtani!

2017-18 National Treasures Basketball First Off The Line
 
Probably the biggest wax purchase of my life so far. National Treasures FOTL has been highly anticipated for a long time because of the deep rookie class. Regular boxes of National Treasurers are already preselling for $1,000.00. The FOTL versions have an exclusive Rookie Autograph Patch numbered to 15. Not only that, but you can buy at the MSRP of $500 which is an absolute STEAL for this product considering how high in demand it is. First off the line has been hit and miss for me this season for basketball. I got shut out of Prizm and Optic but did get Select, but with soooooo many people looking to grab National Treasuers, I felt like it would be a miracle to get a box of this stuff. Well..I ended up with 4!!! I used the app and though I was having some trouble, two of my orders actually went through! I was super excited. I would've been happy with 1, but 2?! Awesome! Considering a Panini Rep stated that over 120,000 unique users were trying to get 650 boxes, I felt more than lucky to get what i got. Then on Monday, I got an email from Panini. Apparantly one of the transactions where I tried to get through but ended up getting cancelled, shouldn't have been cancelled after all! They said I could purchase the additional box if I wanted because of a glitch in their system! I didn't hesistate to say yes! Now becuase this stuff is in sooo much demand I wanted to increase my chances of geting a box so I set my Dad up with an account so he could try to get one. He struck out, until getting the same email Monday! So I ended up with 4 boxes!! Now the safe and smart thing to do is to flip this for at least double my money. It WOULD be easy, but I don't see the fun in that! I'm a collector and for better or worse, I'm opening this stuff up! Why? Am I crazy? Well..YEAH lol. But seriously, this is a product I'd never in a million years get a chance to open (would NEVER pay over 1 grand for this stuff) so why not take advantage and rip them and hope for a monster RPA like Jayson Tatum or Donovan Mitchell?? That's what I'm all about! So this weekend with Bowman and National Treasurers basketball will definitely be one of the most interesting weekends in my card collecting career! Really looking forward to it!!

4 comments:

  1. Wait, what? Holy crap Man, thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to bust all of it open!

      Delete
  2. Dang. Mind blown. Good luck buddy! Can't wait to see what you pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fuji! Hoping to have it all ripped by the end of the weekend!

      Delete