Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Box Breaks: 2 Boxes of 2017-18 Spectra Basketball

 
This was my 2nd break of last weekend and I pre ordered this month ago. Now if you remember, I opened a box of last year's Spectra during Cardfest and got totally annihilated..but you should know me by now..I'm a glutton for punishment. This are super hit or miss as like all High End Products. Here's what I got

Box 1
Base
Andre Drummond

Neon Blue
Zhou Qi RC (#76/99)


Neon Green

Tobias Harris (#40/49)

Epic Legends Jersey
Reggie Lewis (#75/149)


Catalysts Jersey

Kristaps Porzingis (#57/199)

Spectacular Swatches Neon Blue
Reggie Jackson (#27/49)

Locked In Auto Neon Blue
Frank Ramsey (#30/49)


Rising Stars Auto Neon Blue

Sterling Brown (#49/49)


Rising Stars Signatures

Donovan Mitchell Redemption

Box 2

Base
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Red
Lou Williams (#28/75)

Orange
Kyrie Irving (#5/5)

Next Era Jersey
Jordan Bell (#151/199)

Catalysts Jersey Neon Blue
Tyreke Evans (#74/99)


Triple Threads Jersey Neon Blue

Al Jefferson (#5/49)

Rookie Jersey Auto
Sindarius Thornwell (#14/299)


Locked In Auto

Kemba Walker (#66/99)
James Worthy (#44/49)

Overall Thoughts: So here's a rare break that although I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get my money back on this break, I'm actually not going to complain one bit. Why? All I ever ask for is CONTENT. I can live with good content that might not have that much value..Panini doesn't control the secondary market. So here's why I'm very satisfied with this break as opposed that shitty Optic case. I love the cards for one thing. I'm a sucker for the shiny and sparkly. It doesn't hurt that I pulled a Donovan Mitchell Auto Redemption. Anytime you pull a Donovan Mitchell Rookie Auto it's a win. Of course it's a redemption and there's always a chance it's going to either take a lonnnnnng while for him to sign or he won't sign at all, but in theory Donovan Mitchell is the main guy you wanna hit and I hit him. The jerseys, hey they aren't worth much at all but if you're going to pull jerseys I'm glad I pulled a Porzingis and even more intrigued about the Reggie Lewis jersey card I pulled. Reggie Lewis was an all star and a future superstar for the Boston Celtics when he unexpectedly passed away before the 93-94 season. No telling just how great he was going to truly be. You also kick in two Hall of Fame Autos in Frank Ramsey (who unfortunately just recently passed away earlier this month) and  James Worthy (Big Game James) and an All Star auto in Kemba Walker and I'd say this was a pretty balanced break. Plus I pulled a sweet Orange Parallel of Kyrie Irving numbered to only 5 copies. Sure there were weak pulls (c'mon why does Al Jefferson have stuff in a product like this..and good god does Tyreke Evans haunt me, I think I've pulled 3 or 4 mem cards this year of him) but all in all considering how bad this could've been I was pleasantly surprised. I know I know...hell must've frozen over because I'm not actually complaining, but like I stated earlier..give me good content and I'll be ok regardless of value. Pics of the cards

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 

Top 5 Pulls of 2018
#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive Lonzo Ball (#13/15)
#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL RPA Exclusive De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)
#3 2018 Topps Tier One Triple Patch Autographs Ichiro (#1/1)
#4 2018 Bowman Chrome Prospects Red Refractor Autograph Jeren Kendall (#2/5)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Topps Tier One Tier One Signatures Derek Jeter (#7/15)
#5 (Tie) 2018 Donruss Optic Rated Rookies Autographs Black Holo FOTL Exclusive Shohei Ohtani (#10/12)

1 comment: