Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Best Pulls of 2018

So 2018 was pretty insane as far as best pulls go. I definitely spent a lot but also pulled a lot of good stuff. I ended up pulling 3 cards that I sold for $1400 or more (including a Lonzo Ball that I sold for nearly 5 grand..a sale that I will probably NEVER top). So here's a look at back at all the great pulls of 2018

















































































And now the official Top 5 Pulls of 2018 in  Descending Order

#5 Topps Tier 1 Signatures Derek Jeter (#7/15)

I don't think I'll EVER replicate the Hot Streak I had at the beginning of the summer. It was seriously beyond unbelievable. This was from my super hot Topps Tier 1 Case and it was the first hit of the 1st pack I opened. For reference, 4 of my top 5 pulls came within a month span. It was crazy. My hits were so good that yes a low numbered Derek Jeter on card auto barely cracks the top 5 (and an Ichiro Triple Patch Auto #1/1 doesn't crack the list at all)

#4 2018 Bowman Chrome Jaren Kendall Autograph Red Refractor (#2/5)

From the CRAZY weekend of opening a case of 2018 Bowman and National Treasures Basketball FOTL, for exactly 1 day, the Kendall was my most expensive pull in the history of me collecting cards. I quickly sold it for $900 and went on my merry way.

#3 2017-18 Immaculate Milestones Stephen Curry Acetate Auto (7/25)

I was only able to snag one box of Immaculate FOTL but it was a doozy. I actually held onto this card for a while before putting it up on Ebay and accepting an offer of $1450 making my 3rd highest sale of all time. It was THAT kind of year for high end pulls for me

#2 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL Exclusive Rookie Patch Auto De'Aaron Fox (#3/15)


Back to that glorious May Weekend where everything just came into place. This is one of the FOTL Exclusive Patch Autos I pulled out of my 4 boxes. I sold the other two (Josh Hart and OG Anunoby) for $700 and $600 respectively, but my other two rookie pulls were doozies. I quickly sold this Fox for $1600 on Blowout. The 2nd highest ever sale for me.

#1 2017-18 National Treasures FOTL Exclusive Rookie Patch Auto Lonzo Ball (#13/15)

And not only the #1 pull of 2018..but #1 pull of all time and it's going to be soooooo tough to top this. At first I assumed this was a $2000-$2500 pull when I pulled it. Boy was I wrong. I ended up selling it for an unbelievable $4500.00. So crazy...NOTHING will ever top that weekend's experience. And there ya go...amazing, frustrating, fun, boring, agitating, great, poor, shitty, awesome all that can describe 2018 when it came to busting wax at different points of the year. The unpredictability is what makes it fun. Here's hoping 2019 can be at least half as great as 2018!



1 comment:

  1. Some amazing pulls! Getting $4500 for that Ball was awesome!

    ReplyDelete