Pages

Friday, April 5, 2019

Box Breaks: 2019 Panini Stars and Stripes

 
I bought this for one reason and one reason only, Panini revamped their online site and app and one of things you can do is have your credit card info saved. When it comes to FOTL, time is everything and having your credit card info saved is a HUGE time saver. So I figured I'd make a purchase now in order to have that saved for future FOTL purchases. I chose this because I had a baseball promo discount and it brought it down to about what the boxes are going for online at places like Blowout. I doubt I'll know any of the guys as this is a Team USA product that encompasses their national teams all the way down to the 14 and Under team, plus there are some Chinese National Team cards as well. This is more of a rip and stash product, just like when I ripped Elite Extra Edition during Cardfest. I have no expectations for this at all so I won't be disappointed if it's lackluster. Here's what I got


Longevity Base Matthew Liberatore
Zack Thompson
Bobby Witt Jr.
Pete Crow-Armstrong
Tyree Reed



Longevity Holofoil

15U Checklist (#15/99)

College National Team Black Signature
Bryson Stott (#34/499)


Jersey Signatures

Jack Leiter (#145/299)

Silhouettes
Termarr Johnson (#3/66)


Silhouettes Black Gold

Austin Hendrick (#45/48)


Silhouettes Prime

Duke Eckstrom (#15/25)

Overall Thoughts: I mean I have zero clue. Most of my hits are of 14 and 15 year olds. The Silhouettes are nice and if any of those kids pan out. I like the cards, but it's just too much of an unknown to grade how good this break was.

 

 

Top 5 Pulls of 2019
#1 2018-19 Optic Basketball Lebron James Purple Stars FOTL Exclusive Parallel (#5/13)
#2 2018-19 Optic Basketball Signature Series Gold Trae Young (#1/10)
#3 2018-19 Prizm Basketball Robert Williams III Black Gold Prizm RC (#3/5)
#4 2018 Select Sam Darnold FOTL Neon Orange Pulsar Prizm RC (#2/9)
#5 2018 Contenders Football Nick Chubb FOTL Red Zone Auto Parallel

4 comments:

  1. Hope one of these 14 or 15 year olds becomes the next Mike Trout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, I hope so, it's funny when I think about it, by the time these kids even sniff a chance at the Majors, I'll be entering my 40's...crazy!

      Delete
  2. These are cool but speculative. It seems like some of the older product included a few established stars to go along with the young guys. Nice looking cards. Hope some of them plan out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for sure, I definitely knew that going in, I actually think it's kinda fun to just stash these away and see what happens. You just never know who's going to be the next star!

      Delete