Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Top 100 Cards of My Collection #34 2001 SP Authentic UD Exclusives Game Jersey Combo Mickey Mantle/Ken Griffey Jr

You combine one of the greatest Yankee players of all time with my favorite baseball player of all time and what do you get? An awesome card at the #34 spot. Here's a dual jersey card of Mickey Mantle and Ken Griffey Jr that was issued as part of the UD Exclusives set out of 2001 SP Authentic.   There are various combinations of jersey cards featuring Griffey, Mantle, and Dimaggio in this set. When I saw this card on Ebay a few years ago I knew I had to own it. This card in particular is a short print with only 98 copies produced. The Mantle swatch is awesome because it contains the oh so popular pinstripe, which as I have stated countless times is a favorite of mine. The Griffey is a boring plain white swatch, but even a boring white swatch of game used jersey looks amazing when paired with Mickey Mantle.

No comments:

Post a Comment