Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Starting Lineup Spotlight: Super Bowl Edition

For the rest of this week and next, all my posts will be super bowl related in anticipation for next Sunday's big game between the Pats and Giants. Since I'm in the middle of my Starting Lineup Retrospective, I figure I might as well share the one SLU that actually ties to the Super Bowl

Back in 2000 Starting Lineup's Classic Double football line was dedicated to Super Bowl Matchups and what better one for me than the matchup that brought us back to back Super Bowl Titles. The Cowboys and Bills faced off in both Super Bowl XXVII and XXVIII and the Cowboys dominated both games. It was the height of America's Team's dominance in the 90's. Led by our triplets Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin, the Cowboys were virtually unstoppable. This lineup commemorates those Super Bowls by pairing up both starters (Aikman was the Super Bowl MVP of the 1st meeting). The added bonus is the mini replica Lombardi Trophy that is included, very nice touch. This is definitely one of my favorite pieces in my collection as it's a reminder of what the Cowboys once were and what I hope the Cowboys can being again some day.

1 comment:

  1. Cool piece. I've noticed that those Lombardi Trophy replicas go for big $$$ on eBay. There's one right now going for $70... an insane bidding war:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-Mcfarlane-Starting-Lineup-NFL-Vince-Lombardi-Super-Bowl-Trophy-LOOSE-/300652823010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46004e01e2

    Not sure... if it's just some guys fooling around, but other completed sales still have the trophies selling in the $20 range.

    ReplyDelete